Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Winterize 2001 Affinity

First time winterizing, can anyone tell me where the water heater drain plug and other drain plugs are? Coach is all electric. Thanks
qualfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #2

I am a new owner to 2002 allure so I may not be much help. My hot water heater was replaced a couple of years ago but I did find a tank drain behind the panel that accesses the rear of the heater it was disconnected when the new heater was installed so the only way to drain this one is to remove the plastic plug in the tank accessed from the front panel. There is a drain in the rear of the refrigerator for the ice maker . I saw a couple of drains behind the panel where the water pump access is located. I'm sure others can help you more but that is what I have seen on my 32 footer...roy
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualfellow View Post
First time winterizing, can anyone tell me where the water heater drain plug and other drain plugs are? Coach is all electric. Thanks
In our coach the freshwater drain is on the panel above the passenger side windshield.

Make sure the pump is on and flip the switch labeled "Fresh Water Drain". Ours drains both the freshwater tank and the hot water heater.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

I don't mean to jump in but I'm not sure how to post a new question. I'm in a 2001 CC Affinity and I've lost 110 volt power in the in the entire coach. Pedestal power is good, power at the ac distribution panel is good. I'm searching for the gfi receptacle. The book says under the ac distribution but it's not there. We are work camping in Leavenworth Wa and I was a not able to make coffee this morning so this is getting serious. Thanks in advance, Jim Barone
James Barone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #5

James,
In my 02 Intrigue I only have one GFCI and it's located just below the control panel in the bedroom.

Sounds like maybe the breakers on your inverter may have tripped.

Brett

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Barone View Post
I'm in a 2001 CC Affinity and I've lost 110 volt power in the in the entire coach. Pedestal power is good, power at the ac distribution panel is good. I'm searching for the gfi receptacle.
What Brett said.

Given your coach year and model it's probably similar to ours. The charger/inverter(S) is in a cubby hole, amidships, in the rear wall of the rear baggage compartment. I tried to upload a user manual for the unit that was likely to be originally installed in your coach. Says it's in "moderation" though. May take some time to become available for download. If so, just Google one up off the internet.

Heart Freedom 2500 Inverter/Charger Manual

If your coach is all electric, it probably has two of those units.

Good luck and please let us know what you find out.

HTH
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 12-26-2016, 06:14 PM   #7

This is Jim barone work camping in Leavenworth WA. I'm in a 2001 42ft Affinity all electric, #6004. I requested help after loosing 110v. power. Following I a summary of the entire episode. For some months the 2 20 amp breakers in the 2nd bay pass. side have been tripping occasionally. Thinking that I may be overloading I would simply reset the breakers. Gradually the problem got worse with breakers tripping with little or no load. Thinking I may have weak breakers I changed them but no improvement. Then on the forum it was suggested that I might have a GFI problem. I located the GFI receptacle and found it to be tripped and would not reset. Now I was thinking that all I had to do was replace the GFI receptacle. Wow this will be a cheap and easy fix. While changing it I really took a nice shock. I also discovered that the common lead was hot. I now realized I needed an electrician. AS mobile RV service came to the coach two days later. In the interim we were living on an extension cord. The tech/owner traced wire number 58, the common, from the GFI receptacle to the 20 amp breakers and on to one of the inverters. Here he found a wire nut connection that had been heating, cooling, heating cooling for some time. The wire nut had disintegrated to a charred husk. This failed connection was where the pass through current comes out of the inverter. The tech made the necessary repairs and we were back to normal. He charged $400.00 for 3 hrs labor. Worth every penny. I thought it was important to finish the story. AS rv service is in Wenatchee and they did exactly what they said they would. Thanks for all of your comments and I hope this helps.
James Barone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #8

Thanks Jim for following up. Glad that the service tech was able to put you right.

Best,

Tags
winter