Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:41 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Wire #74 on Front Run Board of 1995 Magna

The schematic in the Manual says it runs from a 20A Ignition Fuse then to Wipers and WS Washer.

Our Wire #74 has not been connected to a fuse terminal for the past 20 years and looks virgin.

(There is an unmarked red wire that connects to the described terminal and wends its way to the cab looking like a late addition.) The wipers and washer have worked steadily over the years.

Today I uncovered the business end of wire 74 and fastened it to the Manual's described fuse terminal.

Instantly the center row of the fuse panel lit up like the ignition was on.

But, the chassis battery was switched to off.

Wire 74 acts like a direct connection to the Chassis Battery the dash components continue to be powered up when the ignition key is turned off, or when the chassis battery switch is turned off, or both.

So I put Wire 74 back to sleep.

Does anyone have a similar set up or experience with this strange wire 74 ?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis 05 Jeep Wk
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 07:02 PM   #2

Just bought a 97 concept and have the same problem with the 82 wire I have to un hook it to power down the dash and clearance lights I'm going to mount a togle switch on the floor by the door to shut it off when done traveling. My diagram says it goes to the clearance interrupt switch but I find it nowhere on the dash or console. Ahhh the fun of 25 plus year old wires that who knows had there dickbeaters on thru the years lol
Mrapp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 08:17 PM   #3

If there are two of us, maybe others have similar power wires.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
Old 11-28-2021, 04:25 AM   #4

Dean, lots of wires in our rigs and I'm surprised they all get connected properly on any coach. It could be the #74 wire is connected to the house batteries somehow but in any case it sounds as if it is hot all the time. You could try using your house battery disconnect switch to see if that kills the voltage on the wire. If so then you would know that the wire is getting power from circuits after the battery disconnect solenoid.

You could try using something like the Triplett Fox Jr and Hound Jr wire tracing probes as listed https://www.triplett.com/products/33...tone-probe-kit . I've got one and have used it to trace wires in my Magna several times.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:47 AM   #5

I will check the house battery link as you suggest. Thank you.

After using this rig for 20 years, without needing Wire #74, I will continue to leave it out of the loop.

I was just surprised to find that it was a hot wire.

Maybe it will have a use someday.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
Old 11-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #6

I just looked at my drawing list and it does state the same as you found the #74 circuit is for the wiper control, wiper motor. I did not find that wire in a bundle or tied to a fuse at this time on the coach.
2001 40 foot Country Coach Intrigue #11294.
GMC Terrain and Avalanche toads
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrapp14 View Post
Just bought a 97 concept and have the same problem with the 82 wire I have to un hook it to power down the dash and clearance lights I'm going to mount a togle switch on the floor by the door to shut it off when done traveling. My diagram says it goes to the clearance interrupt switch but I find it nowhere on the dash or console. Ahhh the fun of 25 plus year old wires that who knows had there dickbeaters on thru the years lol

Wire #82 on my Concept is for the clearance lights. The switch is located on the left hand console and labeled ICC. It should be a momentary switch which can be used to flash the clearance lights by interrupting power to the clearance lights while depressed, a traditional acknowledgement to another driver you just passed who flashed their headlights to let you know itís safe to marge back into the lane in front of them. Trivia: ICC is an old term referring back to the Interstate Commerce Commission.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote