Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:00 PM  

Xantrex control panel

Xantrex SCP appears to have no power. Nothing lights up. Any ideas?

‘08 Allure 470
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2021, 05:39 PM  

Country Coach Owners Club
Unplug cable at inverter wait 10 min, plug it back in. If no worky try to hard reboot the inverter by turning off switch on inverter. With a newer SCP and Xanbus not sure what model your inverter may be - SW3012?

Is it truly a newer SCP and not the older RC7 GS?

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 04-26-2021, 07:37 PM  

It looks like the attached pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10017.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	326460  
Old 04-28-2021, 09:06 PM  

this sort of seems similar to the problem i posted under "turning on xantrex inverter" in another thread. I have same model Allure 470 , 2008 year.

i can start the Xantrex with the generator, but otherwise the same scp panel will not light up
Jonathan, 2008 Allure Sunset Bay 37 425 ISL #31609
Old 04-29-2021, 10:49 AM  

As a WAG, the manual on my inverter ( Heart Freedom 25) tells me to leave the power switch "off" on the inverter if using a Remote Panel controller. Perhaps yours is the same and needs attention?

There also is a method of rebooting the inverter after an "event" to restart the inverter operation that is described in the manual.

Since Heart Interface is now Xantrex there may be some similarities over the 13 year difference.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM  
Community Moderator

OP has a battery issue likely dead https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/no-...er-534671.html. If so of course no power to SCP.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:34 PM  

Xantrex control panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCitySam View Post
Xantrex SCP appears to have no power. Nothing lights up. Any ideas?

‘08 Allure 470

A little more information will help. Was it working for you previously? Is it a replacement SCP? Have you tried unplugging the Xanbus network cable and plugging it back in as already suggested? Do you have a network terminator plugged in at both ends; on the SCP and on the inverter? What model inverter are you using it with? Presumably with the SW3012 or SW2012 as that model SCP only works with the Freedom SW series. If for some reason you’re replacing an older SCP with a new one you will need to provide the serial number of your inverter to the vendor so they can match it with the proper SCP. There was a serial number break some years back and a later serial number SCP will not work with an earlier serial number inverter and vice versa. Same is true if you have the AGS module.

Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Antares
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Old 05-04-2021, 01:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
A little more information will help. Was it working for you previously? Is it a replacement SCP? Have you tried unplugging the Xanbus network cable and plugging it back in as already suggested? Do you have a network terminator plugged in at both ends; on the SCP and on the inverter? What model inverter are you using it with? Presumably with the SW3012 or SW2012 as that model SCP only works with the Freedom SW series. If for some reason you’re replacing an older SCP with a new one you will need to provide the serial number of your inverter to the vendor so they can match it with the proper SCP. There was a serial number break some years back and a later serial number SCP will not work with an earlier serial number inverter and vice versa. Same is true if you have the AGS module.
It is missing a network terminator on the SCP. Not sure where I can find these or what info they need, I presume you buy in a pair?
Old 05-04-2021, 02:10 PM  

Quote:
It is missing a network terminator on the SCP. Not sure where I can find these or what info they need, I presume you buy in a pair?

Yes. Here’s what you need:

https://www.emarineinc.com/Xantrex-N...rminators-Male

You can get them from any Xantrex distributor.

Russ
Old 05-04-2021, 04:46 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
Yes. Here’s what you need:

https://www.emarineinc.com/Xantrex-N...rminators-Male

You can get them from any Xantrex distributor.
These are in stock:

https://www.emarineinc.com/Xantrex-Network-Terminator

Good find Russ

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
Old 05-05-2021, 10:12 AM  

Thanks for your help. They are no longer available from emarine or from Xantrex. Someone told me that "any network terminator" will work. I'm technically illiterate, but I'll give it a go....although in reading the Xantrex SCP manual it says "without terminators performance will be degraded". My SCP doesn't light up at all, which makes me think it's dead.
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM  

Quote:
Thanks for your help. They are no longer available from emarine or from Xantrex. Someone told me that "any network terminator" will work. I'm technically illiterate, but I'll give it a go....although in reading the Xantrex SCP manual it says "without terminators performance will be degraded". My SCP doesn't light up at all, which makes me think it's dead.

Try calling ASE Supply (503) 288-0100. That’s where I’ve purchased all my Xantrex products. They’ve been very helpful with tech support as well. Ask to speak with a tech an you’ll probably end up talking to Joel or Arlie. Josh is also very knowledgeable but I think they have him in a different department now. They may have the terminators on hand.

Russ
Old Today, 11:57 AM  

TriCitySam,

Perhaps these may work?

https://www.amazon.com/Schneider-Ele...0410125&sr=8-2

Not sure if this one is active:

https://www.amazon.com/Schneider-Ele...0410125&sr=8-2

greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One