Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Xantrex RS 3000 PSW inverter fault

Xantrex RS3000
Usually whenever I plug in my inverter goes into fault mode. Have to open up the midships inverter bay and press the reset. Sometimes after 20 tries or more it'll clear and I have power. Today it isn't clearing at all. Will go back out and try again though as I really like to keep power in it.
Ideas?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
Community Moderator

you had an similar issue in nov last year, and you got it nailed. did this happen again?
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/xantr...lt-368500.html

if battery voltage is good, i would still focus on contacts both outside and inside the box.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:08 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Still happening, I thought I got it cleared up last year but I replaced the 50 amp male plug and it happened right afterwards. The 30 amp transfer switch to the inverter is bypassed right now so it's not the problem either.
Did get it cleared by pushing the reset button on the inverter itself but it took many, many tries.
The RS3000 is no longer available so I may have to replace it with something else.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours started doing the same thing last year. We only have a Xantrex 400 which is 10 years old. Please let us know if you find a permanent solution.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:13 AM   #5

Have you contacted Xantrex for an opinion on the cause? I personally haven't had the best luck with xantrex inverters, I went through 2 of them before switching to a Magnum. I think heat killed the zantrex's, the model I had did not have forced cooling.

The CC we just bought has a xantrex 2000 watt inverter/charger, a modified sine wave, that I will be changing to the Magnum that was in our gas coach. The xantrex works just fine but the magnum being a pure sine wave inverter is a great upgrade. If I was buying one today I would go with the 2800 watt as it is only slightly more money than the 2000 watt. ($50 or less I think)
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The RS3000 is a 3000 watt pure sine inverter/150 amp charger. Some of the CC's came with two of them ganged plus it's tied into the VMS 440CL and whole house control system so I have to be careful with what I replace it with if I have to go that way.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #7

silverleaf has everything you need to convert to Magnum inverters......you send 3 silver leaf boxes back for reprograming. They will walk you through the process.

Luther Wikle
2006 affinity 6600
lwikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #8

I put 3012’s In ours. They work good but one has a loose fan. Still ya e to get the silver leaf reprogrammed. I would prob do magnums also if was to do again. Seems like less issues
bc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
Community Moderator

i can attest to magnum's bullet proof. i bought my ms2812 used from a boater at a craigslist price. since i installed it in feb or march 2016, it has been working hard, never complained whatever i throwed to it - a/c, ev, toaster, microwave, induction cooktop, you name it. my use of it is quite heavy, or kinda abuse. any above individually along with residential fridge is of no problem. one time while the induction cooktop (140a) was on i turned on the toaster (120a), that was 260a load! it stopped and entered into fault mode. i turned the toaster off, moment later it delivered 120v again... .
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:17 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have contacted Silverleaf, apparently they can program the whole house system for both the Xantrex or Magnum. It takes some rewiring, reprogramming and a new box added. Trying to get a price from them now.
Seems like the Magnum is in the majority though.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:10 PM   #11

I replaced my xantrex with the following

1)VMS400 updated for the magnum
2)HMS panel updated for the magnum
3)TM102 updated for the magnum
4)ME-RVC bridge provided may magnum

MSH 3012 magnum inverter.
The inverter is a hybrid. More info on there website. Basic wiring is the same. You will need to get a 12 volt tap to feed the rvc bridge.
I can send any info you need if you decide to make the change.
rod
08 magna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	194173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	194174  

IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Xantrex told me to try a hard reset, 30 min with all power removed. Just got done and the error didn't return but that's only one try with shore power. Will have to see how it goes in the future I guess.
Will probably go with the Magnum hybred like Rod used if I need to replace my Xantrex. Either of them requires redo of the onboard VMS wiring anyway.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #13

I have silverleaf on my coach (03 Intrigue), how would I know if it is hooked up to the inverter? I plan on installing my Magnum inverter, replacing the xantrex, this summer and other than adding an AGS module for auto starting the gen I thought that was it for the install. The current gen can be started by the remote monitor for the inverter and the gen switch on the main panel over the door. The dealer never mentioned the silverleaf being integrated with the inverter.
sanddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #14

No real change in any wireing on vms.The only difference is xantrex decided to use there propitiatory xanbus interface and silverleaf built there software around that.
The rv industry eventually decided on a standard for the industry to design to called RVC. To accommodate the conflict magnum designed and build a bridge ME-RVC bridge The ME-RVC is a powerful and cost effective interface provided to RV OEM’s
that allows Magnum inverters and accessories to communicate with RV-Ccompliant
devices. Magnum inverters and accessories communicate using
proprietary MagNet serial data. The ME-RVC was designed to convert the
MagNet data to RV-C communications protocol giving RV OEM customers the
ability to multiplex with Magnum products.
The ME-RVC provides two RJ11 MagNet connections and one RV-C connection.
This allows up to two Magnum inverter/chargers to connect to a single RV-C
connection. The ME-RVC emulates the ME-RC remote control, to allow RV-C
control of the features and settings in the inverter and in the ME-AGS. Its small and compact and just provides a bridge. No big deal and cost about $100.00 mabee less.
Note i cut and pasted some of this so don't think i am that smart.
Rod
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, xantrex