Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2023, 06:29 AM   #1

2004 jayco escapade

i am having electrical issues. one day my 12 volt stopped working. new battery, new disconnect switch, still no 12v. ran a jumper from the right side of the latching solenoid to house battery, now i ,have12v. decided to replace solenoid with a continuous use solenoid, same issue, reinstalled the jumper, ihave 12v, checked the battery isolator on the fire wall of the engine compartment, uneven power., i then replaced that, power back to the house battery but no 12v, reinstalled jumper so that i have 12v, but the house battery is not being charged with the engine running. what am i missing, checked as many connections as i could converter is charging when on shore power, alternator is at spec, this all started when i pushed the battery disconnect. any ideas would be welcomed. i suppose i could travel like it is , i am concerned with draining the house battery while on the road
davide23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2023, 06:47 AM   #2

A continues duty solenoid needs power all of the time to stay closed. It doesn't work in place of a latching solenoid.

A latching solenoid only needs a shot of 12 volts to latch open or closed. If your wired for that type, as a test. hold the house switch on and see if you get power. If you do, you need to go back to a latching solenoid.

As far as the charging the isolation solenoid needs a signal that the engine is running to close. See if you have 12 volts to one of the small terminal while engine is running AND chassis battery is above 13 volts.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco