Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #1

Question 2004 RL TSO 5th wheel Fresh Water and bedroom slide issues

I am new to the forum so hello!

Have an issue with the water line from the fresh water tank. It has air in it unless I hook the city water line up as well to prime it. IOW, I can run on city water fine. Running off the Fresh water will spurt and gurgle because of air in the line from fresh water tank. I then attach the city water again and run it until the the pump is primed and stops running. I can run for maybe 10 minutes off just fresh water tank then I seem to get air back into the line. I can see the line coming to the pump from the fresh water tank and after a short time it loses prime and just has air in it. How can I access the line at the fresh water tank? Underside is all sealed up alum. and the levelers are bolted on as well to that section. Any help or ideas would be great. Just want to see if it has a loose connection or something.

On another note:
I also have separation at the bottom left corner of the bedroom slide. Can this be fixed some way or do I need to go all the way to Elkhart, IN.? My RV dealer is out of business.

Thanks for any help or suggestions from the group!
rkelso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
mgi

slides are only made by a few manufactures. Any good rv mechanic should be able to help. The fresh water has to be pulling air somewhere. A small leak above the water line. Would be before the pump. The bottom actually comes down fairly easily. Take the strip off that runs down the from front to back either side. They are held on with screws. That will let the sheet metal fall and expose the insulation and tanks. I would try to tighten the connections before the pump that you can get to first. That may solve the problem.
mgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice on the slide. I'll try pulling the bottom to get access to the water line. Far as the waterline, I already ruled out the only connection before the pump I can get to. LOL
rkelso98 is offline   Reply With Quote