Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2020, 04:26 PM   #1

2019 Jayco Seneca- bought new and traded after 7 months.

Newly purchased new 2019 37K coach has potential, shameful factory quality control/worse dealer service, 2 holes in the roof above LED lights, damaged flooring, two leaking jack stands, cracked/leaking jack stand reservoir, leaking Allison trans cooler hoses, misaligned slide, A/C intermittent operation from loose/disconnected wiring, damaged wiring harness behind dash. It took 48 days to get the first jack stand repaired after reporting it to the dealer. After nine trips to the dealer for warranty work in seven months, and never to make a road trip, and not able to use the motorhome. An unhappy camper. Life is too short, traded it for one that works.
TerrenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2020, 06:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceB View Post
Newly purchased new 2019 37K coach has potential, shameful factory quality control/worse dealer service, 2 holes in the roof above LED lights, damaged flooring, two leaking jack stands, cracked/leaking jack stand reservoir, leaking Allison trans cooler hoses, misaligned slide, A/C intermittent operation from loose/disconnected wiring, damaged wiring harness behind dash. It took 48 days to get the first jack stand repaired after reporting it to the dealer. After nine trips to the dealer for warranty work in seven months, and never to make a road trip, and not able to use the motorhome. An unhappy camper. Life is too short, traded it for one that works.

My wife and I just drove a 2020 Seneca and liked. We may need to take a closer look. Thanks
Robert
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Sorry to hear of all the problems and agrivation. Do you mind telling us what you replaced it with?
oldecmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:47 PM   #4

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Bad Seneca.

What kind of place would sell someone an RV with all of those problems. I know the dealer I purchased my Precept from (Gander in Statesville, NC) did not go over my unit as I had some fairly expensive repairs and corrections within a couple of months after buying it from them, but this Seneca story is horrible. I'd say we need a lemon law for RVs but I think it would probably bankrupt a few companies so it will never happen.
So sorry you had those issues....makes ours seem so minor. I hope your new rig had fewer issues.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceB View Post
I feel your pain. I have a 2018 Greyhawk 29 MV. The problems started early and just keep coming. Major electrical failure. Jack problems, plumbing leaks, interior seating cracking and peeling, countertops warping, the latest is bubbles in the fiberglass roof. My unit was the first year Thor got their grubby hands on the Jayco brand. Now they have Tiffin. Never ever never buy a Thor product. This will be my last Jayco and Thor product. They push garbage out the door and leave customers to twist in the wind. Run away fast from anything manufactured by Thor.
bladerunner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #6

Gzzz, I have a 2015 37TS, its not a work of perfection but I have had no issues like have been mentioned. All and all its been a good rig.
GCATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #7

The whole industry

Seems like this is common in the industry. I haven’t had that many issues but there were some issues from day 1, before we left the lot. 2019 Jayco Seneca 37K. I as many others on this forum feel lucky to just have minor issues.
Xtrmn8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Must be Rv One. 54 items on our warranty list......almost 2 years trying to get them resolved... called factory and will go there to get remaining issues resolved before 2 year warranty is up.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:49 PM   #9

I had a 2016 Jayco Seneca and understand the Op's pain. Thought we were doing good moving up to a diesel powered motorhome that looked sturdy. I don't remember all the minor issues, but after replacing the floor which was not bolted down in very many places and breaking down on the highway four times with DEF/emissions issues, I traded it in for a 2018 gasser. It is rough on a rough road, but I don't ever worry about making it to my destination and enjoying camping.
All the Seneca repairs were covered under the two year warranty, but Camping World (where I purchased it) refused to repair the floor even though Jayco approved. Took it to a private service shop and they got a flooring guy to fix it within a week.
TerrenceB, I'm sorry for all your troubles with it, sounds worse than mine. Tell us what you did replace it with please.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:34 AM   #10

Life is short. Hope the rest of yours goes smoothly. Take care. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey

Tags
jayco