Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #1

Alante 31v

Just purchased new 2017 31v in feb, have only used it once, problem is severe whistling when going down interstate in the direct front-maybe windshield, anyone else have this problem?
cln56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #2

We have the same mh. Ours does not have that whistling. I've read in some forums that it may be your side window(s). Try opening the latch to see if it stops. If not, open the window a little and see. Others have found that the screws in the window channel may be sticking up too far for the window to fully close and hence a whistle occurs.

At least yours is still under warranty and can be looked at and fixed by the dealer if you can't figure it out.

Hope you like your coach as much as we do!
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #3

Thx will give that a try, love our first RV but don't like the front end sway going down interstate (60 mph). Gonna try some of the sway bar fixes online, seems to be a prevalent prob, what about yours? We also are going to do a big solar set up soon, hoping we can find help with that
Old 03-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #4

I have two residential panels at 208w and 24v each and an mppt charge controller waiting to be installed. Just need this weather to be 50º+ and no rain or winds forecasted for three days in a row when I am also available!

I've noticed some sway but also noticed it seems to all but disappear after driving for more than 15 min on the interstate. Once I get situated and relaxed in the seat enough to feel confident holding the wheel with one hand I find that I no longer make the minute steering corrections that exacerbate the tail wag. I will probably try the chf and air up the tires to 95-100#, as many have suggested. I also try to have the fresh tank full so that weight is down low and helps with stability.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #5

Chf?
Old 03-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #6

Cheap Handling Fix
Old 03-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #7

Oh yeah