Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

Backup Camera

I bought a 2015 Jayco Seneca HJ that I pull an open auto trailer with. The backup camera works in reverse only. I there a way to put a switch on it so that I can occasionally look at it while driving forward to check status of the trailer?
Abaco Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #2

Just find the power lead for the camera and monitor and hook them up to switch ignition source, instead of the reverse lights.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Yes. If you have a single camera set-up, there will be red/black (power/ground)and one other color wire that is your back-up "trigger". (Its blue wires on RVS systems). Just disconnect the blue or other colored wire and you're set.
If you have a multiple camera set-up, you may see more "other colored" wires, but all you need is the power and ground wires so the camera(s) stays on all the time when the monitor is turned on.
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #4

I have a jayco with clarion system. If you have the same just go to main menu and scroll over and you will see the camera icon.press it and camera will come on. Just had a toad setup also. Dealer didn't know how to do it. Figured out my self.
poptart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

Backup camera

Thanks to all three for the advice. I'm sure I can solve the problem. I do have the Clarion System and will try that one first and reply back with the results.
Thanks again.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #6

Backup Camera

I have the Clarion NX501 system. Backup camera works in reverse and with flashers on; works momentarily after turn signals are turned off. On the main menu of the Clarion system there is no selection of ''Camera". Where the camera choice should be according to the manual, there is only a blank space. Any ideas?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
From the Clarion NX501 owners manual

Switching to Camera modePress [Camera] button on Main Menu to select desired mode.The LCD will display the external camera video. The screen will display "No Video Signal" menu, if a valid camerais not connect to this head unit.Press Menu button on Operational Panel to return to the Main Menu.

Might want to contact Clarion.

However, if you say there is no camera choice, I wonder the camera is connected to one of the rear auxillary inputs.
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #8

Smile Backup camera

Sometimes I'm a little slow, especially when it comes to electronics. When all else failed, I decided to read the Clarion manual and learned that the screen is a flip screen with more icons on it than initially show. Found the camera icon and touched it and voila, the camera came on. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #9

I was going to repost more info to my initial post. When you stated no camera icon. Same happened to me. By accident I discovered the flip screen. Glad you got it.
poptart69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera