Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #1

Blackstone grill

Just purchased a 2021 Jay Feather 27BHB and I found a voucher for a Blackstone 17 in (1867) grill included with all of our paperwork. Just wondering if anyone else here had that voucher and used it? Did you receive your grill? Is it a nice grill (I know I shouldn’t care if it is free)? I’ve been trying to google the Model number but nothing comes up.

Thanks in advance!

Pam
Pammuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #2

If you don't want it, I'll take it! :-)

Seriously, it's a great product. While some folks prefer a true grill, the Blackstone griddle is great for breakfast, and most anything. At the very least, it's a nice complement to a grill, and the 17" model doesn't take up much room.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #3

Blackstones are great, the only draw back is you need to treat them like a cast iron skillet so they don’t rust.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #4

We bought a 17” and eventually stopped packing any other grill. Very versatile.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Redeem your coupon, you won't regret it. I have a 22" and would not travel without it. Just had sausage, pancakes and eggs on it yesterday.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
We bought a 17” and eventually stopped packing any other grill. Very versatile.
Yep! Our 17" Blackstone is all we ever use now. And yes, it's GREAT for breakfast!

Dave
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the 22..
Picked it up on season clearance from Walmart about 2 years ago.
Excellent for everything, chicken, steak, dogs, breakfast, stir fry, eggs, burgers, seafood, did I miss something?
Packs nice with detachable stand.
Take about 30 seconds to setup.
If you decide to connect to your coach propane system, be sure to get correct hose without attached regulator.
Tlmr4784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:25 PM   #8

We also have the 22". Use it mostly for pancakes and french toast. If you don't travel and cook for a big group, the 17" is probably best, as it is not as heavy to get in and out of the basement.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #9

We have the 17 inch one. I cook a lot of things on it and everything comes out just primo. The one thing I cannot seem to do right is any kind of eggs, Over medium, scramble. They always turn out brown and wifey doesn't like that. Any. suggustions
parcany2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:37 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
We bought the Tailgater model. 17" griddle, 17" BBQ that removes for using the powerburner for the stockpot to cook crabs, boil water etc.
Legs easily fold flat and stores nicely in the toad.
Really checks all the boxes for us.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:26 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought a Blackstone combo grille. best grill i ever bought. Does require upkeep , but to go out side cook up home fries, eggs, bacon on same surface it's like being a cook in a coffee shop, Top of the World.
With the Combo. i can cook the steak on one side, an cook the onions on the griddle side. <<<<< Priceless.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcany2 View Post
We have the 17 inch one. I cook a lot of things on it and everything comes out just primo. The one thing I cannot seem to do right is any kind of eggs, Over medium, scramble. They always turn out brown and wifey doesn't like that. Any. suggustions
when u do the eggs. get it hot, pour the scramble out. quickly toss,turn and chop them an remove asap. every second they are cooking. also if u add a small amt of water like 3 table spoons. it helps.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmandmc View Post
when u do the eggs. get it hot, pour the scramble out. quickly toss,turn and chop them an remove asap. every second they are cooking. also if u add a small amt of water like 3 table spoons. it helps.
Thank you. will have to try that
parcany2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #14

Blackstone griddle

Mine finally arrived via UPS from the US and didnt come with a hose or regulator. When i called Blackstone they said they dont ship to Canada. Odd the griddle came. I got the name of some distributor but they havent contacted me. Feeling a little put out if i can not find the proper hookup

randy
solarwind is offline   Reply With Quote