Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #1

Furrion Gas Oven DOA

2020 Jayco Pinnacle, and first time to start oven, i got no fire.
furrion model FSR122LA.
the range burners on top fire up great; both oven and range have separate LPG lines that run down and under and connect into main,
The LED lights come on, the igniter clicks like crazy, the vent fan is going.

I push in knob, turn to red flame, and wait 20 seconds while the clicker is going crazy, with door open
the instructions say there is a valve back top left, but that looks like a regulator, and i cant feel any knob
next step is find a stick lighter and heat up thermocouple.
Darn, i wish dealer would have tested this---- one of the AC's had a bad sensor first time out

thanks

i guess ill cook pizza outside tomorrow afternoon, on my hood
larro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2020, 05:31 AM   #2

Sorry can’t help with your question, but you’d probably get more response at the jaycoowners.com forum.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:39 PM   #3

It won't help to use a stick lighter. If you don't smell gas after 20 seconds, you got no flow or air still in the line. Now there are two gas lines to the oven and the stove top. Luckily, one is working. I know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different outcome. However, you have to purge gas lines. So try again. Else, you got warranty work. I have sympathy for you because the PDI person lied to me about what he checked, and I have gone through two years of 50 problems. My advice is check everything else and make a list. Then be prepared to wait for parts, forgetting to order, etc. Don't leave it with them, because it will be used as a demo, or worse stolen. Besides you still can use it with a toaster oven and add to your list.
MingusPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #4

I called tech, and they said use the stick and get the thermocouple real hot
It started working
Life is good again!
Thanks
larro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larro View Post
I called tech, and they said use the stick and get the thermocouple real hot
It started working
Life is good again!
Thanks
Darn. I never thought that would work. BTW did you push in the knob while trying to start it? Glad it works.
MingusPirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas