Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 06:06 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
going from class A to class C?

I am seriously thinking about trading my 40' 2004 Monico for a new Jayco 29' ME. Ford E- 450 Need less time in shop! More time on road,About 5 months a year.
Any owners of the unit have any feed back? never had a Class c.Dealer has one in stock thinking about going in on Monday and trading in.Then there is no turning back.Will have to write a check for about $ 40000.
Hoping for more dependably with the 2 year warranty.
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good luck!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:21 AM   #3

I have seen a lot worse layouts. Too many other variables to understand. Make sure it is comfortable to sit any where there is a sit spot including the toilet and try it slides in and out.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Downsize

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagcat View Post
I am seriously thinking about trading my 40' 2004 Monico for a new Jayco 29' ME. Ford E- 450 Need less time in shop! More time on road,About 5 months a year.
Any owners of the unit have any feed back? never had a Class c.Dealer has one in stock thinking about going in on Monday and trading in.Then there is no turning back.Will have to write a check for about $ 40000.
Hoping for more dependably with the 2 year warranty.
A friend has one and loves it. We bought a Jayco 31UL Precept instead of the class c. The dealer laughed and said come on in when you are ready to buy a larger Seneca...won't happen. We love the Precept but will definitely downsize to a class c if we purchase another. Just our lifestyle. Plus you pop the hood and there's the engine. And you have airbags! Good luck.
Rider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Last year in our GOOD SAM CLUB, two couples traded down. The husbands are happy BUT the wives were not happy at all. Lost to much space!!!!!!
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
from a 93 Southwind Class A to New Greyhawk class C

It was a huge change for me, but after one year we love our Greyhawk 29mv...2015
Loss of storage from the A did not make as much diffefence as I thought, we just carry less crap, our old A had stuff we never even used...
The ride and handling in the C is so much more refined and comfortable.
The big loss of fresh water capacity, and less grey water and black water capacity does make a difference, as we like to dry camp at times, but we have adjusted to this change quite well, and carry a few 5 gallon fresh water cans with us...
We upgaded the measly one 12v. house battery to 2 6v. golf batteries, what a huge improvement for dry camping...
We had our A for 15 years, no regrets with our new Greyhawk 29mv...
Stevewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We traded from a C to an A two years ago and likely will never go back. The difficulty in putting a body on a van chassis made for odd sized bins that had doors that flipped up not to the side. There were several things we just wanted like a washer/dryer that of course played a factor. It was nice to feel like driving a truck but not sitting as high and having the overhang in the front made for a claustrophobic experience. But the biggest advantage for me? That was the accessibility of the water bay. Just my two cents.

Bill

Tags
class a, class c