Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Inside step covering?

The wife is wondering what, if anything, do you put on your entry steps inside your coach, to keep them clean? Thanks for any ideas.
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We are going go have the stairs carpeted. Probably attach with Velcro so we can swap it out easily when it gets worn.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased a throw rug the correct width for my stairs, added a snap on the top two corners with the snap receivers at the top of the first step. I snap the rug in place and form it down the steps folding any excess under at the bottom. It is easy to remove and shake or wash whenever needed or replace if worn.
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Still using the scraps that were on the steps except when we are showing off. Also got some of the scrap shag carpeting with the coach that could be used to replace. Agree that getting some pre-made and bound would look great. Just not sure I want the ugly velco if I am in show off mode at the velco will undoubtable get grungy eventually. Another option might be the grip stuff that you place under through carpets that you place on your wooden floors in your stick house to keep them from sliding.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I rented a class C to see how I liked it, Cruise America put a white bath towel on the inside entrance step. Looked sort of tacky but it was functional.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford B View Post
I purchased a throw rug the correct width for my stairs, added a snap on the top two corners with the snap receivers at the top of the first step. I snap the rug in place and form it down the steps folding any excess under at the bottom. It is easy to remove and shake or wash whenever needed or replace if worn.
Buford, great idea except all Entegra steps are tiled.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Still using the scraps that were on the steps except when we are showing off. Also got some of the scrap shag carpeting with the coach that could be used to replace. Agree that getting some pre-made and bound would look great. Just not sure I want the ugly velco if I am in show off mode at the velco will undoubtable get grungy eventually. Another option might be the grip stuff that you place under through carpets that you place on your wooden floors in your stick house to keep them from sliding.
Dave, our intention is to get a nice complimentary carpet so there would be no reason to pull it up when showing off the coach. We likewise have the scraps but are concerned that someone might slip since the scraps do easily slip on the underlying tile.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...and bound would certainly look nicer.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
With our critters we needed something that wouldn't slip around (the tile becomes slippery when wet for us, for little four legs it was worse) but would be easy to clean. Rick found an inexpensive but attractive runner with that rubberized backing. It's just long enough to extend past the top step just over a foot. It worked so well that I went back and bought a matching 2 x 3 that fits between the two big chairs. They are a solid color that picks up one of the colors in the big rug we use in the cabin. Attractive, stays in place because of the non-skid backing, easy to clean (pick up and shake, throw it in the washer when it gets dirty), traps most of the grass and wet paw prints, and cheap enough that even I can't complain when it needs replaced. Bound carpet would have been nice, but it would probably have ended up with the balance of the removable carpet with our unit....stored in a back bedroom closet at the stix 'n brix! The next owner will have immaculate carpet!

BTW, for anyone else with critters who hasn't already discovered it....our larger rugs are polyester...roll it up, spread it out on a driveway and hose it off. I no longer have to freak and spread every towel in the coach over the carpeting every time it rains.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
KIX

Home Depot and Lowe's sell an outdoor carpet that will not ravel when cut. Cut a piece for each step with a razor knife. Some double sided carpet tape will hold them in place. You can wash them when needed but you'll probably need to renew the tape when you remove the carpet. Pretty inexpensive. They usually have several colors available. Don't get the stuff with a rubber type backing.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Wade RV (Wade RV | Seffner, FL | Located On Site at Lazydays | Sun Screens, Custom Window Graphics, Dashboard Mats, Front Masks, Wheel Covers, Entry Mats, Step Mats, Upholstery, Vinyl Repair) located at Lazydays in Florida makes what they call entry mats, which I have on my Beaver. They look great and they wear like iron. Mine still look new after 10 years and 65,000 miles. (I did have them redo the binding a couple years, ago because it was showing wear). The set consists of a tread for each of your steps (held on by strong velcro) and a large mat that covers the entire front floor to about the mid-point between the driver's and passenger's seats, all custom cut and edge-bound. The material is a dense matting that absorbs moisture and dirt when you enter the coach with wet feet, and as I said, wears like iron. It cleans up easily with a vacuum and can be washed, although I have hardly any need to do so since ours are dark brown and really don't show dirt. This has been one of the best additions that I have ever made to my RV. It allows me to walk into the coach in any weather and there is no floor cleanup needed.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Marc

Wow! They have exactly what we want for entry carpet, stairs and the dash. Will have to call them and see if they can help us long distance. Perhaps they could visit an Anthem at a lazydays for measurements.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Marc

Wow! They have exactly what we want for entry carpet, stairs and the dash. Will have to call them and see if they can help us long distance. Perhaps they could visit an Anthem at a lazydays for measurements.

Wade Rv does great work. LD had them installed in my coach when i purchased. Looks great easy to keep clean.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #14

I used some raised floor carpet squares from when they remodeled the office I worked in. Cut to size and velcro'd for easy removal and cleaning. I still have a 2' stack in my spare bedroom. Also used some for the step into my 20' enclosed.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote