Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #15

Redhawk 26XD

Hi!

We fixed the issue of no medicine cabinet in the bathroom this way: We bought 3 of these...
Solid Oak Spice Rack - Direcsource Ltd 69028-R - Space Savers - Camping World

And put them in on the wall over the toilet... all of our stuff fit perfectly!

As far as the window in the bathroom, it's wonderful to have when dry camping. We leave it open all of the time when the AC isn't on, makes the bathroom a lot more pleasant!
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Saving our pennies for a 29MV - Our dream RV. Moving up from an '03 Forest River Sunseeker. Have you been happy with your Jayco? One concern is with the tankless water heater on the newer models - they seem to be troublesome and also not suitable for dry camping due to lack of water pressure.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #17

Redhawk...

One of the reasons that we chose the Redhawk over the Grayhawk was that it doesn't have that darn tank-less water heater. We're paying for campground electric, I sure don't want to use my propane!

The other advantages to the Redhawk is that it comes in the perfect size for the two of us (26 foot), and it doesn't have all of the other stuff that we didn't want (Levelers, side view cameras, light fixtures that don't allow you to change the bulbs, key-less entry in the house door, navigation system, etc.). Couldn't see paying extra for things that we didn't want.

We were also very happy that the slide in the 26XD doesn't come out the back, as we have a bike rack.

All in all, the Redhawk is a great choice.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #18

I have had no problem with the tankless waterheater, so far...
Spent a week in Disney and had no problem... I keep the heater off until I need it, and it warms up fast..

Love my 29mv.. The thing I was worried about most was what seemed like the lack of storage.. We were 8 adults in my camper and had plenty of room...
Although the I did have to have my son sleep on the floor...
BankerCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 PM   #19

Looking at Redhawk 26XD now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
One of the reasons that we chose the Redhawk over the Grayhawk was that it doesn't have that darn tank-less water heater. We're paying for campground electric, I sure don't want to use my propane!

The other advantages to the Redhawk is that it comes in the perfect size for the two of us (26 foot), and it doesn't have all of the other stuff that we didn't want (Levelers, side view cameras, light fixtures that don't allow you to change the bulbs, key-less entry in the house door, navigation system, etc.). Couldn't see paying extra for things that we didn't want.

We were also very happy that the slide in the 26XD doesn't come out the back, as we have a bike rack.

All in all, the Redhawk is a great choice.
How was the handling and did you get the E450 and 6 speed?
Nighthawk65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #20

Thumbs up 26XD handling

We were very pleased with the handling, and didn't have to make any adjustments to the helper springs.

The speed transmission made all the difference in the world! We were able to leave the cruise control on without the constant down-shifting, it was mush quieter in the cab, and we got a bit over 11MPG.

All in all, we are very pleased!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #21

Jayco Owners Club
2017 Redhawk 26 XD

New to the forum, so hello. Just ordered a 2017 Redhawk 26 XD, will arrive late July. The dealer had a 2016 but... The 2017 has a medicine cabinet in the bathroom and an additional cabinet over the entry door, and new black, silver and red stripes on the outside that will look better with my silver and black Jeep toad. This will be our first class C after several TT's, 5ers, and a class A. Looking forward to getting back on the road.
Caprail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #22

Jayco Owners Club
I also have a 26XD and about you medicine cabnet I found one to fit from Lowe's.
Mickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #23

Congrats
Tantsits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco