Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Jayco JayFlight TT 26RKS Fresh Water Tank fill?

We have had our TT for about 3 years and all of our camping has been in CG with hookups for fresh water and my system works fine ... Now we are about to take our first Dry Camping trip to the Smokey's and so I started to read the manual I got with the TT. The Water tank fill info is pretty generic, In some places it makes reference in Filling the water tank through the city water inlet... others show sticking the hose in to the fresh water fill (that is usually used at campgrounds for jerry jug fill).

So, I call our dealer and asked service they said that most TT do not fill the fresh water thanks thru the city water fill up but they do (as shown in the manual) thru the outside water fill on the opposite side of the TT. I can deal with that.. but just wanted to see if I'm missing something... under my bath room sink I have 2 valves, 1 for adding antifreeze in the winter and one valve that turns for turning on or off the fresh water tank.. I have this valve open ...

So, any Jayco owners out there using their fresh water tanks and how do you fill them? Were headed out next Tuesday... and want to get a handle on this before we head out... I'd appreciate your help and comments.
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #2

Yes use the fresh water fill on the right side of the trailer.

I have the 26BHS. It has overflow tubes on the left side. Once the tank is full, water will come out those tubes. I recently put a small valve on them to u sure I don't loose water while cruising down the road. I spoke with Jayco today, they said to open the valves when filling them close.

Have fun trailering.
lcsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 05:32 AM   #3

Just back from our 3 night trip to the Smokey's and everything went well, they have a fresh water fill at the Sugarland visitor's center just out side the park, it is a bit slow, but we got filled up (until the overflow started to drip) and ran all 3 days with out a problem. We didn't really use the water to drink, although I did try it and it was fine, no bad taste at all....
Old 08-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #4

Glad to hear all went well. I generally use bottle water for drinking and the tank water for cooking and all else.
lcsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #5

Icsparky, it did go well, I do carry bottled and or filtered water to drink and cook with but I was quite surprised the water was quite good ... Just glad to find out our tank will fit our needs ...
Dave

Tags
fresh water, jayco, light, tank, water