Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #1

Jayco Precept 31UL concerns

I have read many comments about this unit as I have one myself and I notice there are many who have the same issues regarding the overall handling and ride. One person stated that Jayco had never heard of this issue, but I recently expressed this to Jayco and was told the same thing. My dealer will not "make me whole" on the unit purchased even though after searching and begging for the PDI, I finally learned that they did not do a total inspection pre-delivery (and our first trip was a 1,200 mile round trip). I keep emphasizing that he is legally at fault for not doing this and I just want to get rid of this piece of crap and go back to the good manufactures. NTSB has stated online that when enough consumers complain about a certain product for safety they will investigate. Please let them know how you really feel about your safety and that even though you have purchased additional "remedies" that this is still a scary problem.
precept is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #2

I have a 2015 Precept 31 UL. The quality is far from what the dealer led me to believe Jayco provides. We liked almost everything about this RV but the number of quality issues we have had combined with the lack of concern from Jayco customer service dept has left me very frustrated. It started the very first trip before we were set up at the campsite and has continued for a full year. The RV was at the dealer for almost a month and I myself have spent over a week sitting at the dealer while they were fixing the various issues. We are very disappointed with Jayco. I would not recommend Jayco to my friends or anyone else for that matter.
RSisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #3

Thank you for your input. I don't know where you live, but you should file a complaint with the BBB about Jayco's customer service. I have filed a complaint with both Jayco and the dealership. Each one's first response had me almost laughing on the floor. I sent a rebuttal and am waiting for the second line of the joke. Good luck.
precept is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco