Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #1

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Jayco Precept advice.

We have a 2018 Precept 36T which is actually a nice MH. A couple of things I need advice on. First, how do you get rid of the wobble when camping and people are walking around inside? The second thing is the TV reception. At the same campground depending on site, we always get a superb clear picture on the main TV. The bedroom and/or outside TV usually are unable to load any channels or they come in very pixelated. This is hooked up to the cable provided by the campground. Is there an adjustment or wiring problem I should look at to correct this? Suggestions?
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
On my 2015 Precept I had to remake all of my cable fittings to fix this issue. I was able to pull the coax fitting right off the end of the cable without much effort. Check all of your connections and replace with compression fittings.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalone View Post
First, how do you get rid of the wobble when camping and people are walking around inside?
Our RV is shorter than yours but, we found that by putting the levelers on a raised blocks (rather than directly on the ground) it required them to extend less and **seemed** to be more stable.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I tried putting blocks under the stabilizers (same ones we used for our 5th wheel) and all it did was raise the MH wheels off of the ground.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #5

I have owned 5 gas Class A's and there will always be that movement when people move/walk inside. It will be less if you make sure all leveling jacks are down on the ground even if the ground is level to start with. Not sure how the "big DP's" are with this issue, but I don't think you can do anything else on the gassers.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:08 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I hate to admit it but I think you are correct. We stayed in my sister's 43 ft. Fleetwood tag axle a couple of weeks ago and it had a wobble to it as well. We had a bad wobble with our 5th wheel that was completely eliminated with stabilizer 'flower pots' (my term) however not working with the Precept. Just something we have to live with.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:55 AM   #7

First thing which occurred to me when I read the post about the blocks under the levelers. Not a big deal for front wheels but the rear axle is where the parking brake is engaged. Rear wheels off the ground is a definite no go.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, jayco