Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Unhappy Jayco Recall

Has anyone else received the Jayco products recall for the shower door? Apparently it's "too flammable", and will be replaced for free by the dealer. Question is, replaced by what? The replacement might, or might not, be better as far as functionality and aesthetics.

Anybody have any thoughts...?
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Has anyone else received the Jayco products recall for the shower door? Apparently it's "too flammable", and will be replaced for free by the dealer. Question is, replaced by what? The replacement might, or might not, be better as far as functionality and aesthetics.

Anybody have any thoughts...?
No specific thoughts, but I think under the circumstances I'd get the replacement as a safety issue.

Meanwhile, I could almost hope this recall is broad enough to include my 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW, where the shower door hangs crooked enough to mess us the seal at the bottom. Our dealer indicated that we are by no means the only ones who have had this issue. They did fix it under warranty, which I appreciated, and we don't see water 'leakage' at the base of the shower enclosure any more.

Roger
Old 08-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #3

I kind of have to chuckle... So the camper catches on fire, and we're standing out in the campground watching and waiting for the fire department, and I think, "Oh crap, I bet the shower door is going to burst into flames"!

I mean really, what is going to cause the shower door to burst into flames before anything else... my wife hot waxing her legs? Good grief....
Old 08-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
I kind of have to chuckle... So the camper catches on fire, and we're standing out in the campground watching and waiting for the fire department, and I think, "Oh crap, I bet the shower door is going to burst into flames"!
That thought crossed my mind, too. By the time the shower door bursts into flames you're either out the door or you're toast anyway.

Roger
Old 08-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
LOL - surely would not be standing there to see if it ignites early or late during the fire.

Or standing outside advising the fire fighters that the shower door is flammable!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:50 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I guess it would be a hot shower.😂
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #7

I received the recall. Although a minor issue it makes you more confident that the manufacturer will also monitor significant issues and issue recalls as necessary.
kybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #8
ksw

Safety recalls

Good point. I have a 28bh with axles that lost their crown and a tire blew out causing the second axle to loose its crown, but you will never see a recall on the axles or the trailer. If our friends had not been following us we would have never seen the tire blow out (1 year old tire) before the other one would have. It would be nice if my manufacture thought of safety of consumers instead of a couple of hundred dollars for insufficient (we had an independent trailer maker estimate the cost and reliability of the provided axles) axles. We were swayed by the floor layout of this trailer, but now realize that not all trailers are made equal as the salesman spouted. We owned a Jayco prior to this for 6 years and are seeking another now. We love to RV and have two more trips planned and paid for this year and we are without a trailer.
ksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #9

Recall??

Just returned from dealer with our 26xd. Had the shower curtain recall done , CO detector replaced,and the black water valve replaced. The new shower curtain has a thinner material but appears it will function fine.
gs750t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #10

Well, it's at the dealers now, waiting for the replacement kit to arrive. They think that its extremely funny, as they've had no reports of a camper showering and having the shower door burst into flames. They say it's another case of the government running amok!
Old 11-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #11

Well, the new shower curtain is installed. It looks essentially the same, but is a bit more flexible, which makes it easier to open and close. So, it's all good....

Tags
jayco, recall