Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2021, 05:43 AM   #1

Jayco slide out bearings

I was reading a thread on the Jayco forum about a part that was found on the floor. Ended up being a slide out bearing. I decided to check my 2 slides with the same slide out system. Sure enough I found one bearing completely out and the nut off of another. These bearings are difficult to get to and get back on. I was able to get one bearing back in and the nut back on the other one. These bearings have a 3/16 Allen screw head on the bearing side to hold the bolt while tightening the nut but you cannot get the Allen wrench on it. I was able to with various extensions and swivel sockets to use my ratcheting screw gun tighten them up. I would suggest everyone with the Lippert above floor system check theirs. Out of 16 bearings on my 2 slides, one was completely out, one the nut was off and 4 were loose. The second pic if you zoom in you can see the bearing laying against the rubber seal. First pic shows the nut laying on the floor. Last pic shows the bearing completely out and the nut laying on the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9472E903-F65A-4FAA-ABDA-A8F7AC6A0977.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	346407  
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2021, 10:31 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I have had one pop off the front track (under the recliners) a couple months ago, and just found that I have another off the rear track (under the sink).
Old 10-19-2021, 08:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartlenb View Post
I have had one pop off the front track (under the recliners) a couple months ago, and just found that I have another off the rear track (under the sink).
Would be a good idea to get them back on. It can be done but is a pain.
I cut some access holes under my dinette seats and recliners. I will be adding this to routine maintenance items. I can get a wrench on them but can’t tighten them really tight because the bearing end has a 3/16 Allen socket that you can’t get an Allen wrench on. I’m working on a way to do it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	88D35101-2E05-4D91-A061-43B9A38D1061.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	346592   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA9D7F42-18BA-4DAC-A9E1-3A55AF2B8E93.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	346593  

Old 10-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #4

I made this Allen wrench. I was able to get it in the end of the bearing and put a jamb nut on and another jamb nut to lock it on. It was a real pain but doable. An Allen socket on the stud end would have been great.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D57B3A64-4393-46DE-BB21-095801284106.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	346693   Click image for larger version

Name:	65B03810-F44B-4E6C-B97C-D2AC0C9DF45A.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	346694  

Old 10-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntheroad View Post
I cut some access holes under my dinette seats and recliners.
How did you line up your holes so well with the bearings?

I need to confirm but I think my unit has access panels in the basement storage bins. Does your year not have any access?
Old 10-21-2021, 11:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartlenb View Post
How did you line up your holes so well with the bearings?

I need to confirm but I think my unit has access panels in the basement storage bins. Does your year not have any access?
Lined up with lots of measuring. I made sure to move the slides in while drilling and not let the drill bit go through and hit the flooring.
I also have an access cover in the basement but you can only get to 1 bearing from it.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #7

This info was applicable to my 2017 Greyhawk, probably the same in this instance. It's a Lippert product supplied to Jayco called a cam roller Jayco part # 0203495. Also called a .88 Cam follower.
Col. Klink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 02:38 AM   #8

Cam roller found on ground under front slide

We have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP and it appears to have this same issue with the cam becoming loose and falling out. We have just under 20,000 miles on the unit.
bobalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Lined up with lots of measuring. I made sure to move the slides in while drilling and not let the drill bit go through and hit the flooring.
I also have an access cover in the basement but you can only get to 1 bearing from it.
In the middle of this right now unfortunately....how did you access the bearings under the kitchen cabinet?
mikeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeor View Post
In the middle of this right now unfortunately....how did you access the bearings under the kitchen cabinet?
That was the tough one. I cut out the back of the cabinet to access the bearings on one side of the track on the wall side. I put my phone on selfie mode to see the bearings. You can access the outer rollers from outside after removing the rubber seal cover. I put some brackets in the cabinet to screw the panel back to. Be sure to cut power to the slide when working in this area. It would be extremely painful if that slide was to engage while inside the cabinet.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:30 AM   #11

Quote:
That was the tough one. I cut out the back of the cabinet to access the bearings on one side of the track on the wall side. I put my phone on selfie mode to see the bearings. You can access the outer rollers from outside after removing the rubber seal cover. I put some brackets in the cabinet to screw the panel back to. Be sure to cut power to the slide when working in this area. It would be extremely painful if that slide was to engage while inside the cabinet.

Thank you!
mikeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:14 PM   #12

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeor View Post
Thank you!
Hi,
I now also have missing cam follower bearings and need to install outside bearings. How were you able to remove
the outside rubber seal?

Thanks,
Dave
dsnutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 01:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnutes View Post
Hi,
I now also have missing cam follower bearings and need to install outside bearings. How were you able to remove
the outside rubber seal?

Thanks,
Dave
You only remove the short weatherstrip piece. It has screws in it.
Old 11-11-2023, 05:15 AM   #14

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
You only remove the short weatherstrip piece. It has screws in it.
Good morning and thanks for the
Quick reply! Looking at your pictures
If I were to cut larger holes under the dinette wouldn't i be able to work on both
bearings from inside? I did remove the small seal and still don't have much space to work. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. Both Jayco and the service center that I spoke to said the slide would have to be removed in order to rebuild the track.

Thanks again,
Dave
2018 Jayco 26X1
dsnutes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide out, slide, jayco