Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #1

Kitchen Sink low pressure

I have a brand new 2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift. We are out on the road and have only had it about 3 days. We won't be where we can get help for another couple weeks. I have seen older threads about my issue and haven't been able to resolve our issue. The problem is my back sink and shower have normal water pressure and my kitchen is very low. I have checked all visible lines for kinks Nd have taken apart the faucet to check aerators twice. None of this seems to be the problem. I hope someone else may know something!
mingerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a strange problem. Hopefully one of our experts will be along soon with some suggestions.

This happens on older units but with a brand new rig I'm thinking that maybe some construction material might have gotten into a line somewhere. Does it behave the same whether your on city water or using the on board water pump?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is it the same with hot and cold? Have you let it run with aerators off?
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Like Bob says .. Check your strainer ( aerator) on the end of the faucet. If it is one of the pullout , single lever types , sometime debris can clog in the cartridge.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #5

x2 what everyone else says.
If you have the tools, you can disconnect the supply hoses from the faucet and check the water pressure/volume by running some into a pail or bucket,
2 kinked hoses are unlikely. If you have a main water manifold you can check the shutoff valves there.
I have seen 1/4" supply lines on a faucet once, maybe that could be the culprit.
Sorry, but it's all guesswork.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #6

Tha faucet is the one place that would slow both hot and cold, sounds like it may be partially plugged or it's just a poor design. You could try disconnecting the supply lines and blow air back thru the faucet if it's just plugged you might get lucky and clear the blockage.

Enjoy your trip a little slow water isn't the end of the world.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Does your sink have a filter on it? That could restrict flow if present. As Cypressloser suggested, if you have a distribution manifold, check that all the valves are in the open position.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #8

Thanks for the suggestions. The slow water is the same with hot and cold and city water and water pump. I think it must be blocked somewhere but fear its where I cannot get to it.
mingerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingerson View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The slow water is the same with hot and cold and city water and water pump. I think it must be blocked somewhere but fear its where I cannot get to it.
Well, you have no choice.
But trust me it can be done, don't forget a flashlight and a good pillow for under your back.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Hot and cold only come together in the faucet. I suspect it is the issue. Remove aerator and time how long it takes to fill a measuring cup. Then remove supply line to the faucet and time again from open supply line. If the time is the same, it's not the faucet and you'll have to look deeper. If time changes, change out faucet. ---- under warranty.

Bob & Donna
Old 06-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Hot and cold only come together in the faucet. I suspect it is the issue. Remove aerator and time how long it takes to fill a measuring cup. Then remove supply line to the faucet and time again from open supply line. If the time is the same, it's not the faucet and you'll have to look deeper. If time changes, change out faucet. ---- under warranty.
I would check your shower heads in bath and outside to make sure the water isn't turned off at the head, that will cause problems.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by short kid View Post
I would check your shower heads in bath and outside to make sure the water isn't turned off at the head, that will cause problems.
You're right, many lukewarm water issues are caused by outside shower hot/cold on but shower head shut off. If that was the case I guess water flow could also be effected, but probably at all faucets, not just kitchen. Still haven't found out if kitchen sink is in a slide, but again very unusual to king hot and cold lines.

Bob & Donna