Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2023, 05:35 PM   #1

Lining all drawers and cabinets with Drawer & Shelf Liner

We lined every drawer and cabinet with Gorilla drawer and shelf liner to keep things from sliding a round and marking up the bottom of the drawer/cabinets. This stuff works amazing as it is grippy and keeps things in place. Does a great job with keeping the bottom of each mark free. In our old Class C, we had so many marks and in some cases, tore the wood up (scratched pretty deep) and looked terrible. This is a non permanent way to keep everything nice and wanted to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6639_Original.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	389586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6640_Original.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	389587  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6642_Original.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	389588  
Tantsits is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2023, 07:01 PM   #2

And it keeps our butter dish and sugar bowl from sliding off the table. It's good stuff.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 06:51 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Problem I have with that stuff is it seems to stick better to the contents and not the drawer bottoms, and it ends up bunched up and a mess. Don't want to glue it down, I guess I could use thumbtacks or something but it hasn't worked out for me. I use pieces of it between things as anti-rattle and it works great for that.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:26 AM   #4

We did the same thing years ago for all of our shelves and drawers. Looks nice, keeps thngs from sliding, and protects the shelf finish. BUT....
After years of fighting with this stuff as it pulls up and bunches when removing things stuck to it (like everything that sits on it), I have finally given up and threw most of it out.
Got tired of continually taking everything off the shelf and smoothing the liner out. Not worth the trouble anymore.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 06:01 AM   #5

I tend to agree with shelf lining being a 2-edged sword.

The grippy stuff without adhesive lining is a fight with sticking to shelf items or moving out of place and generally lets small particles through so needs to be cleaned under regularly.

But the adhesive backed stuff can be a pain to remove.

Any recommended solutions?
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:13 AM   #6

We have had the same experience. It bunches up when you remove anything from the shelf. I did use thumbtacks to keep it in place in a few places, with moderate success.