Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
New Girard water heater

Here is a tip if you have a Girard on demand tankless water heater problem. I have a new 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 26y and began having problems with hot water. Sometimes it would work ok, then no heat at all.

Talked with Girard Tech many times trying to diagnose the problem. Came down to a lack of propane pressure.

Found a major kink behind the water heater in the propane hose. Hard to see because of all the duct work.

Took the kink out and it works great now. Even on low water pressure.

Ricardo at Girard was great.
liveoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2017, 07:43 AM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Haven't heard that one...thanks for sharing.

Are the new Girard units Propane and not gasoline?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:39 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Propane.
liveoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
I was having problems on my 2015 Precept 31Ul, called Girard and my solenoids are black with white top and are known to be a problem. Have to tap the top with a hammer and it works. Girard will pay to have it replaced when I get settled.
jdmeyerco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #5

Grand Design Owners Club
Finally after 1 1/2 years I figured out how to take a hot shower in our 2016 JAYCO Precept 35S with a Girard tankless water heater. Set the thermostat at the temp you like (106 for me, lower for wife) and just turn on the hot water tap only. DO NOT try to mix it with cold water. Even if someone else turns on water while you are in the shower, you won't get scalded or frozen.
anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:59 AM   #6
Tec

I just bought a 2018 Eagle 336 Fbok, has the 6 gallon water heater, would like to change to the Girard tankless. My 5 th wheel is brand new not used it yet, anyone changed out their water heater? Just wondering how hard it is , and if it’s worth it.
Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #7

Grand Design Owners Club
Either Trailer Life/ Motorhome magazine or Escapees Magazine did an article last year on switching one way or the other. Try GOOGLE. Personally, switching it out is beyond my shade tree level. Good luck.
anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #8

Water Heater

You can take a look at this:
wsherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:12 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tec View Post
I just bought a 2018 Eagle 336 Fbok, has the 6 gallon water heater, would like to change to the Girard tankless. My 5 th wheel is brand new not used it yet, anyone changed out their water heater? Just wondering how hard it is , and if it’s worth it.
At the time I purchased my coach I had the newest version of Girard and it never worked consistently well. It was particularly susceptible to low water pressure. I tried all the suggestions and recommendations and was never satisfied with its performance. I replaced it with the Truma AquaGo Comfort model and couldn’t be happier. Check out this topic on the Jayco owners forum and you will have more reading material than you could imagine. Most Girard users would take your 6 gallon HWH in a heartbeat. If you’re going to go tankless then go Truma. Just my opinion.
Rice1951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater