Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
New Precepts at Hershey Show

I was talking to Jayco about the new 35 ft Precept models and they confirmed that they would have them at the Hersey RV show. If anyone goes please post pictures and first impressions. Wish I was going! Oh well.
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #2

All I can say is.....ME TOO! Wish I could be there and see all the toys!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #3

31 ft Precept

Can anyone give me length of front sofa and dimensions of bed (60X80) or shorter?

Has anyone seen new paint colors, Beachstone and Splendor?

Talked to Jayco and they stated still no drawings or specs. on bunk above drivers area.

Thanks
Larry

larry@fultmer.com
Preceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #4

Arrow

Hi, we went to Hershey on Wednesday and saw the line of Precepts. We especially liked the 31UL. It wasn't until we got home on Thursday that we realized there was a sofa bed in the 31UL. The sales person was so worried about us getting his name and number, he didn't point it out. From pix that I saw, it extends almost to the dinet on the other side. It was a very nice unit and we are considering upgrading to one if we can get some more questions answered. FWIW the sales person: Matt #574-274-2569 good luck.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
Can anyone give me length of front sofa and dimensions of bed (60X80) or shorter?

Has anyone seen new paint colors, Beachstone and Splendor?

Talked to Jayco and they stated still no drawings or specs. on bunk above drivers area.

Thanks
Larry

larry@fultmer.com
Here are measurements off our 31ul.
Width - Outside of sofa arms: 60 inches (really about 59.75 inches)
Width - Inside of sofa arms: 47 inches
Extended sofa bed (head to foot): 80 inches (81 in. from wall to end of ext.)
Extends in 3 sections: seat cushions, middle section and fold down sofa back.
Note: middle section is 44 inches wide; the other two sections are 47 in. wide.

To make this sofa bed more comfortable, I purchased a roll of memory foam (I think Camping World) and cut it to fit the bed area (just need a sharp blade). We roll the memory foam up and store under the dinette bench when the bed is not in use. Works well for us.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #6

I'm taking a shot at posting a picture for reference. Hope it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	73776
Old 09-14-2014, 06:34 AM   #7

Thanks Hudgens!! So It looks like you can pass between the table and bed when the bed is out, correct? Also thanks for the weight figures in another post.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #8

Yes. You can pass between sofa and dinette when the bed is fully extended. I measured it and forgot to write it down. I don't remember exact measurement but seems like it was about 11 inches between the two.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #9

Hudgens..............that curtain in the pic above............nice..a DIY or came with the unit? We don't have one and that really makes sense for traveling..blocking in the cool/heated air in the cockpit.
Thanks,
Darrell
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm.akafun View Post
Hudgens..............that curtain in the pic above............nice..a DIY or came with the unit? We don't have one and that really makes sense for traveling..blocking in the cool/heated air in the cockpit.
Thanks,
Darrell
We decided to give a try (for both cool/heat issues like you said and to give our adult daughter more privacy on trips). It actually works. I hope I can use a retail store name here....Lowes. I found the extending curtain rod in one part of the store and the curtains in another section. The curtains were chosen based on how they would handle heat and light. They already had big holes at the curtain top that worked with the curtain rod diameter (saved me some laziness not having to find a way to hand them).

The key things I dealt with are:
- Making sure the rod would hold the load of the curtains over a fairly wide expanse.
- Finding a place to put the end pieces on the walls (can't mount it on the slide walls) Ended up putting it close to the slide wall edge but on the wall behind the front seats. Measured down far enough to allow the curtain material above the "holes" to slide freely but not let a lot of air pass back and forth.
- Used three curtain panels to cover all the way across (don't remember the width of the panels....but can provide that if you are curious).
- Made sure curtain panels were long enough to go floor to ceiling.

Note: I have been traveling a couple of times when the rod holder vibrated enough to allow the curtain rod to fall. Kinda noisy when it does. A second screw in the rod holder keeps it from rotating and fixes that problem. I also had to either tape or put in a set screw for the rod so it stays the same length all the time.

Hope this helps. If I left something out, ask and I'll get back to you.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #11

Very nice. Thanks for the details.
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote