Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2022, 11:00 AM   #1

norcold n8xrt RV fridge not cool in the bottom

I have a brand new 2022 jayco 28bhs with a Norcold N8XRT fridge. Whether It is shore or lp the freezer seems to work but the fridge itself has only once cooled below 45 deg F. This unit if brand new. I removed the thermistor and tested via an ohm meter and it checks out to what Norcold says it should be. I have on the tenth fin. (a phone call to Norcold confirmed that) I have moved it up to the top, in the middle and to the bottom of that fin. No difference. I have removed everything from the fridge and put a digital thermometer in and after 36 hours on HIGH (five cooling stars) The best i could get was 53 deg. F. What is going on? The "stealership" is 90 miles away and back logged 5 weeks. Im NOT a happy camper.

Randy
solarwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2022, 11:10 AM   #2

Have you tried it on AC ?

The N8X Polar Series have known issue with the gas train and lack of proper heat

Warranty issue...contact RV MFG and get Mobile Tech Authorized

AS for the thermistor.
10th FIN MID position OEM Factory location
Thermostat is calibrated based on that position
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #3

AC is even worse. When accessing the unit from the outside, the components are very warm so something is working but the freezer is the only thing that gets cold and its not crazy cold either. As far as mobile authorization, what is that? Im in southwestern Ontario so not sure if that is an option here.

randy
Old 07-24-2022, 02:47 PM   #4

It's under warranty
Doesn't work on AC or Gas

VS taking to dealership/factory....call RV Mfg and explain it don't work
Need to have a Mobile Tech come to you and fix it.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:44 PM   #5

Check the venting. I bought a 2022 32 foot bunkhouse (the white hawk) and took delivery may 20 2022 the fridge would start to cool the freezer then fridge and freezer would heat up and act more like an oven. the dealer (typical of the lousy service since purchased) wanted me to wait over 3 weeks for them to look at it. after me being loud and obnoxious they looked at it and the venting for the fridge had never been installed at the factory. it now works well but does give off what I feel is unacceptable heat in the pantry adjacent to it. It is back at the service center for a list 12 items long one of them being the heat from the fridge in the adjacent pantry.
michael john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #6

Now i may not be a smart man but i know when something is f****d up. I went on the roof and pulled the vent. No leaves or debri in the screen, however what i did notice was the vent has a groove molded into it that corresponds with the rectangular perimeter box of the chimney vent. Sits on that moulded ridge nice and sweet. So where is the heat supposed to go when the vent is sitting flush on that box? The little side vents dont seem to go anywhere into the box or for that matter let anything out of it.

Randy
Old 08-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarwind View Post
...however what i did notice was the vent has a groove molded into it that corresponds with the rectangular perimeter box of the chimney vent. Sits on that moulded ridge nice and sweet. So where is the heat supposed to go when the vent is sitting flush on that box? The little side vents dont seem to go anywhere into the box or for that matter let anything out of it.

Randy

Randy,

Pictures would sure help.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #8

Top piece should just be a 'cover' to protect from rain, debris etc
Screened section to stop debris etc from falling down into fridge cabinet area

Top piece should have slots for hot air to escape up/out so there is a Draft
Cooler air pulled in lower vent then up across backside of fridge absorbing heat and warm air exhausting out top vent

**top vent blocked/no slots/no means of warm air to escape...fridge can not cool down.

That would be like closing off chimney flue in fire place

Remove top piece/screen piece in place and run fridge for 12hrs. See how it responds.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:15 PM   #9

Im hoping everyone is getting anxious to get back out soon as the nicer weather up here in Ontario comes. As per this old thread of last year, I picked up a fridge fan that is to be mounted in the chimey to induce more air flow. Towards the end of the season i was able to raise the chimney cap up 1 inch and that really helped however I am still wanting to install this device. The product is called "Fridge Cool" which i purchased at a local dealership. It has an auto thermostat in line that comes on at about 80 deg F in the chimney to induce air flow.

I m looking to find out the best way of connecting it electrially so that when i turn the fridge on, power will go to this fan. I dont want the fan running when the fridge is off and i dont want to put a manual switch inside the coach where i would have to cut and mount one. Im not an electrician but is anyone familiar with this and if so were you able to hook it up to some of the on/off wireing of the fridge? This is 2022 new rig so i dont want to micky mouse this up.

thanks for any help

Randy
Old 07-05-2023, 04:54 PM   #10

update on Norcold Fridge

So from reading many of my posts on this, i have tried numerous things, the last being installing the Fridge Cool fan kit that goes in the chimney behind the unit.

This past week i was on an extended vacation witht he family. Temperatures were consistantly in the mid 90s daytime and mid sixties at night. The first two days the fridge worked without using the Fidge Cool fan and with four out of five stars on the control eyebrow, it held a consistant 38-45 degrees, however by the last day, today it would not cool what so ever. These units are total junk. Im to the point of turfing it and going with one of the new 12v compressor units. I have no idea if it can be put in the unit or not.

I bought this lemon of a rig in the fall of 2021. There have been the usualy small anoyances but this fridge is a joke. Norcold wont help, Jayco wont help, i have a 7 year extended bumper to bumper warranty and no one can help with the exception of one dealer who is 1 year behind in warranty repairs. Just for shits-n-giggles take a look at the orientation of the side windows in your rigs slide outs. Mine are crooked to the point of being one inch higher front to back. Someone at Jayco just cut the holes where ever and didnt bother to make sure they are straight with the trim.

For those of you lucky enough to be in the US, you have mobil rv dealers that can come and adress such anoyances but up here in Ontario Canada, all we have is the shaft from Jayco.

I like this trailer for is features and room, but the quality ranks with the cheapest pop up from Walmart.

Back to coolers i guess.

randy

Tags
fridge, norcold