Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #15

Poster on here by the came of Camper_Bob has an EXCELLENT thread on Redhawk upgrades and the doghouse insulation job is one of them. Most def going to do the same job on my Grayhawk.
stilldoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2020, 12:13 AM   #16

Dog House heat and Dash air leak

Well I finally got frustrated with air and dirt coming in from somewhere under the dash. Had taken this 27A Vision to the dealer and explained the issue and was told they fixed it after three weeks. They insulated the doghouse. Being that I did auto and truck repair for over 30 years I couldnít deal with poor quality work and service, I removed the entire instrument cluster, radio, AC/Heat cluster and entire dash cap. What I found is the bulk head that is the front of the Ford chassis was not closed off and sealed to the coach. There was a two inch gap eight feet long between the front fiberglass cap and the metal bulkhead just covered with a pie of plastic corrugated 1/8 board held down by five sheet metal screws. Found four-five inch holes in side corners with no covering at all.
Remedy was to fit 1/4 coraboard to seal gap and seal all cracks with foam. Finally used Kilmat and covered entire area under dash cap and sealed all edges with metal tape.
What difference, not only in no more air blowing in while driving at exterior ambient temperature, the noise is cut by at-least 40%. Used to hear the engine suck air now the time itís noticed is at a wide open throttle going up hill. Cost was less than a $150 but worth 10 times that. Sad that this wasnít done at the factory as it took me two days to disassemble, repair and reasonable where as it would of taken twenty minutes on the assembly line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD69DA15-4DE3-4841-9AF9-3301E357E99D.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	451.7 KB
ID:	307839   Click image for larger version

Name:	9817AFB9-AB59-439C-A621-AAC2AD653606.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	307840  

Pipebndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 06:38 AM   #17

Jayco recall to insulate doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv_cruiser View Post
Either I am missing something, or this is the worst engineered doghouse cover I've ever seen. I have taken off all of the screws holding the doghouse cover on, but it seems to be locked in place by the center console, and the dash itself. Also it would seem to have silicone sealant securing it to the floor?

I would very much like to insulate the doghouse cover as it is putting off a lot of heat, not to mention noise.

How have others done this?

Attached is a picture of the cover.

In the other jumble of wires picture, I have pulled back the center console, only to find that the doghouse cover sure seems to run all the way back, with a let at the back.

Cheers,
David
There was a recall issued by Jaco for poor engine cover insulation that included specific serial numbers of Entegra coaches, including the 2020-2021 Visions. You can check to see if your serial number is included here: here.
Lado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 11:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lado View Post
There was a recall issued by Jaco for poor engine cover insulation that included specific serial numbers of Entegra coaches, including the 2020-2021 Visions. You can check to see if your serial number is included here: here.
Interesting. I was never contacted regarding this recall. My chassis VIN does not show as being part of this recall, but I think I will contact Jayco regarding this.

Thanks for the info, Lado!
rv_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #19

Dash fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipebndr View Post
Well I finally got frustrated with air and dirt coming in from somewhere under the dash. Had taken this 27A Vision to the dealer and explained the issue and was told they fixed it after three weeks. They insulated the doghouse. Being that I did auto and truck repair for over 30 years I couldnít deal with poor quality work and service, I removed the entire instrument cluster, radio, AC/Heat cluster and entire dash cap. What I found is the bulk head that is the front of the Ford chassis was not closed off and sealed to the coach. There was a two inch gap eight feet long between the front fiberglass cap and the metal bulkhead just covered with a pie of plastic corrugated 1/8 board held down by five sheet metal screws. Found four-five inch holes in side corners with no covering at all.
Remedy was to fit 1/4 coraboard to seal gap and seal all cracks with foam. Finally used Kilmat and covered entire area under dash cap and sealed all edges with metal tape.
What difference, not only in no more air blowing in while driving at exterior ambient temperature, the noise is cut by at-least 40%. Used to hear the engine suck air now the time itís noticed is at a wide open throttle going up hill. Cost was less than a $150 but worth 10 times that. Sad that this wasnít done at the factory as it took me two days to disassemble, repair and reasonable where as it would of taken twenty minutes on the assembly line.
would love some details on how the dash comes apart without disconnecting every wire and vent.
Lado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dog, entegra, vision