Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1

Smile Seneca Research

I'm new to the RV world and have decided on the Jayco Seneca as my cruiser. Does anyone have tips on what to avoid or specific years and conditions to be concerned with? I know the early models used Chevy frames, later ones the Freightliners. Are there problems or concerns with either? How much better is one over the other? I'm looking for the info only experienced owners might have. Is there a site that lists recalls and other problems. I don't mind buying an older model as long as I know where the problems might be.

Thanks for the help
taupher308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #2

Sorry I can't help with answers , to your question. Just wanted to say Hi.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #3

Welcome to iRV2.
There is a forum for the GM Kodiak Chassis based MH's. Lots of info there.
The Super C RV Group
The Seneca's on the Kodiak have had good reviews. But the last ones manufactured were in 2009.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes for sure the Super C group on yahoo will help. A member from here started the group. His screen name is The shadow. Don can help you to join the group. This is the link https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SuperCrvgroup/info
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #5

I have a 2014 Seneca 37TS. I love it except there is a loud chirping noise in the cab in OD. The noise has a service bulletin out and the fix is a shifter isolation kit, however I had that done and I still hear the noise, somewhat less than initially, but I still hear it. It is an annoying noise. Test drive it on the road in OD up to 65mph, before you buy.
I am still in the process of repair since no one wants to take responsibility for it, mainly because the local Allison, and Freightliner shops has never heard of the noise before. Other than that noise, we love it!
Cwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #6

We settled on a 2009 Seneca on the Kodiak chassis with the duramax as our first foray out of travel trailers and into the world of the motor home. After some initial use, we are really pleased with our choice.

The one we bought had new tires, new shocks and a steering stabilizer, but for what it's worth the drive has been wonderful in the first few hundred miles I've put on it. Yes, it's a truck chassis so not like riding on a feather bed, but I was pleased with it. I believe the new ones on the freight liner chassis have air bags but that was out of my price range.

Gently used, well maintained, and I don't think you will be disappointed with the kodiak based Seneca.

Happy shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
HikerMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #7

I have a 2013 fk. It runs great. Air bag suspension makes a big difference. Mine has the same chirping noise but it doesn't seem to be negatively affecting anything except for my ears. We looked at several different super c's and the air ride was the clincher.
Joe II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Welcome to iRV2.
There is a forum for the GM Kodiak Chassis based MH's. Lots of info there.
The Super C RV Group
Thanx. Never saw that one before. It is sure hard to use. Looks like it was created and never improved in about 1990.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Thanx. Never saw that one before. It is sure hard to use. Looks like it was created and never improved in about 1990.
That forum was started in 2007. Originally it was the Kodiak Chassis Motor Homes. But since there have not been any more Kodiak chassis motorhomes since 2010. The name was changed to include all Super C motorhomes. Several of the original members have switched to larger and newer Super C's.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #10

We bought a 2008 in 2009 and after a few really minor bugs were worked out it was a very dependable coach. We traded for a 2014 Freightliner and there was a world of difference. The 2008 had loud wind noise in the cockpit that we just had to get use too. The only problem we had that cost a load of money was the tires that came on the 09. The Goodyear's road like a truck . They were good tires otherwise but I didn't like the ride so I changed to Michelins. The unit did sway some so I installed anti-sway bar up front, safety steer up front, Bilstein (sp) shocks all around, and helper springs on the rear. And I also had a sat. sys installed. The above were all owner desires and not Seneca defects. The motor was bullet proof and built like a tank and the Allison xmission was trouble free. I wish I had kept it (was paid for) but we moved on to a upscale class A. Hope this helps. Toney Murphy
bumpus4 is offline   Reply With Quote