Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Jayco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 02:24 PM   #15

Why should that be necessary when what I purchased should have already been done for the smooth JRide feature? I have had 2 Itasca's and never once had the issues I have had with this piece of junk! BTW, the 2017 Jayco Precept has larger wheels and a 22,000lb chassis load!!!!
precept is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #16

Well, be miserable then. You didn't buy a high end Class A. The Precept is a great unit but it is a lower price Class A. So making a few modifications is par for the course. Kind of odd that you liked the Winnebago product quality and then went and bought a Jayco.
Blackhawks63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I speculate that Jayco has increased the wheelbase on the newer model because they had to. Common sense has always dictated that a coach with a wheelbase ratio less than .50 will be impossible and unsafe to drive.

I disagree that the addition of aftermarket add on components are the answer. If the wheelbase ratio was close to correct, these aftermarket components can help to improve things and make handling acceptable. I do not believe that any add on components can solve this lack of wheelbase issue.

I also disagree that it should be acceptable for a lower price Class A motorhome to handle poorly. I believe that no vehicle should be allowed to be manufactured and sold that cannot be properly and comfortably driven on our roads.

I guess you could say this is a chassis issue, but it's not that simple. The real issue here is that Jayco decided to build a house that was too large for the chassis. That really isn't the chassis manufacturer's fault. It's Jayco's fault.

Now, how to prove it, and how to get anything done about it.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #18

$$$$$

Read Papa Jim's response again this time slowly. For what I paid, I should get a better quality performance than I have. We have but one dealership in Monroe, La and we first bought a Jayco Melbourne but traded up because we really like a class a. Had the dealership done the proper inspections most of the issues would already be resolved. If the Precept is a good MH then why are they upgrading the tires and chassis? This is not my first rodeo sir.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #19

Shouldn't have to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks63 View Post
So the answer to your primary issue is to do what many value priced Class A motorhome users do. Invest a couple thousand dollars into some suspension and handling package.
Should come from the factory, know matter what you pay for it, drivable. Why should anyone have to FIX their problem out of their own pocket. @ lest make it an option for better suspension. If it was a car, there would be a recall on it!
lars36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #20

Let me first start by empathize with your trouble. A few notes.
1) the BBB won't help period.
2) Jayco doesn't care about repeat business it is make the buck and move on. They used to when it was being run by the founders. This may change now that they are owned by Thor. They have their own problems but I would expect that the "Jayco" motorhome nameplates that compete with Thor brands will either disappear or become very similar to other Thor brands.

If you approach Thor Industries and ask for help you may get some. One final comment depending on the state you live in you may have options under Lemon Law.
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #21

Thanks for your insight. Both BBB's in Indiana and Louisiana have gone in favor of the dealership and Jayco. If you read one of my rants earlier, Jayco even stated to me on the phone and in their response letter to the BBB that "a motorhome is basically and house on wheels, You can compare that to either a 7.0 earthquake or a category 1 hurricane." This has been an ongoing issue since last October and Jayco just sits back and bids its time until the 11th hour. They finally offered to come down here and inspect the unit, but after that comment I knew it was time to bail. Funny you state about Thor, we traded in the crap piece of Precept and bought a 2015 Thor Hurricane. What a difference!!!!! The dealer is asking for the same price he gave us as a trade in. I plan to send a letter to Thor with the letters Jayco's customer service responded to with the BBB. If you read the news release re Thor, they did not even mention the Class A gas motorhomes for Jayco. Seems interesting. And yes, I did check into Lemon Laws and the Magnison-Morris Act and I did not qualify under that. Happy Camping, I know we finally are!!!!!

Tags
dealer, jayco