Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
01' Holiday Rambler Endeavor "Systems Heat" Help

So I have an '01 Endeavor that is new to me. The Systems Heat system seemed to work in the the light switch used to come on, and when the switch was on, the electric heater in the water bay would work (at least the fan would run). However the light no longer turns on now when the switch is turned on nor will the electric heater fan run. Is there a fuse that could have blown causing this system to no longer work? I looked at the main fuse panel in the driver side bay, and do not see any fuses marked as "systems heat" so I have not idea where a fuse could be. I did have the system on during some cold weather, however it did warm up during the day while it was on, so I hope no permanent damage has occurred. Can anyone provide some help here.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Maybe it only works below a set temp.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
First thing to do is to check the snap disc. This is what controls the fan to come on, probably at ~38F. In my case the snap disc is mounted up higher above the fan behind the wet bay panel. I can get to mine. There are 2 wires attached. You can either take an ice cube and put in on the snap disc but I just bypass it with a dual spad connector. If you bypass it, turn the system heat on and it doesn't run then you have to go further into the problem.

In my case there as a ~25 amp circuit breaker in my passenger side electric run bay, this could be bad.

There is also a history of a thermal fuse in the heater it self failing. This can be fixed by replacing the thermal fuse. You can test this by bypassing the thermal fuse and if the heater runs you know that's the problem. You can by a new thermal fuse on line, there should be numbers on that you can find a replacement by.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #4

Problem solved. It was just my "uneducatedness" of the RV. Now that the ambient temp has dropped, the system works as designed, with the exception of the heating element in the wet bay heater. I need to replace that unit or see if there is an internal fuse to the heating element that has blown, as it does not put out any heat when switched to "heat" and t-stat set.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The heaters have a thermal fuse that fails. It can be replaced if you know what to look for and have the skill set. Radio Shack use to carry a replacement but they are available from alternate sources.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #6

Is the fuse in the unit?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Here is some food for thought. Don't run your bay heater unless there is some liquid in all your holding and fresh water tanks. When the bay heater comes on it also turns on the heating pads on the tank. Turning them on with dry tanks may cause the plastic to melt.

Tags
ems, heat, holiday rambler