Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
02' Diplomat Dash Air Fan

02' Diplomat is having problems with the dash air fan stopping and starting. Cuts off then back on, and not necessarily when on rough roads. There is a relay or short somewhere. Any one had this problem, or maybe you have seen a thread that relates to this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated as where to start.
Thanks
David
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
David,

When I had my "dash-fan-only-runs-on-high" problem, some of the fan wiring runs outside. You might get lucky and find that the connections are intermittent. Check out my post here:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dash...tml#post523017

It's a long-shot but I'd start following the wires that lead from the resistor pack. At least they are easy to get to compared to the ones under the dash.

Good luck!
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Power Loss to Dash A/C, Jacks, Electric Mirrors, Etc.

Strangest thing, I just went out to try and check the ground connectors. When I switched the key on(didn't start of move MH, just switched it on) everything worked for about 30 seconds, then as before the jacks don't work, A/C fan quits and another item I didn't mention is the electric mirrors which also apparently use the same circuit. Again, the jack panel lights work, but no power to the jacks, etc. Beginning to sound like a relay somewhere, but where? Buried in the wire maze? I have reviewed wiring diagram(such as it is) in the coach manual, but it's rather limited.
David
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know how different your 02 wiring is from my 01 Diplomat, but the mirrors, dash air, power visor shades if you have them, jack alarm, and antenna up light on the dash all receive power via the ignition switch. The jacks are powered from the accessory function of the ignition switch as are the air dump, fog lights, and backup monitor. Do all these thing work other than those you previously reported not working? It sounds to me like you have a faulty ignition switch. There is no common relay on my coach for the functions you are seeing failing.

Please check all the above items to see if they are all failing. If the switch is bad, let me know and I can provide information on how to remove it. I have a full set of drawings for my coach, 12 volt house, and chassis. Which drawings do you have?

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem with our 06 Dip. Ours ended up being caused by an interrmittent connection inside the fan motor. I hope yours is a relay or something easier.
Daveo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
02' Diplomat Dash A/C/Heater Fan

Thanks for the reply(s). I just got back in the house after finally(thank the Lord) locating the problem. It was the fuse located in the front panel labeled as No. 26...Jacks and Warning Alarm. Apparently, there was some oxidation on the fuse legs. While I moved those parts which might cause a problem such as this, the dash A/C fan came on. I went through this routine
last Saturday, but didn't find the problem. Not sure why Monaco uses a 5 amp fuse, but it must power switched relays somewhere(can't believe they operate
the dash fan, jacks, electric mirrors, etc. with a circuit like that). To
answer your question relative to electrical diagrams. The only diagrams that I have are in the MH Manual, but don't give much detail. The diagrams that
you have, do they give much detail? I would like to order a copy while
Monaco is still in operation. What did you request when you gave your order? Coach year/model, serial number, etc. Thanks.
David
Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
rex

Monaco Owners Club
David I have the Chassis and House drawings for my 01 coach. Don't know if you can order them from Monaco now days or not. Both these are in my manual but I had them blown up at Kinkos and printed on large roll up sheets that are much easier to read. If you want to do the same, contact me rbdtanasi @ yahoo.com (remove the two extra spaces around the @ sign) and I will send them to you on as PDF files. You can put those on a CD or thumb drive and take it to Kinkos and do the same. Don't know how to attach them here.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #8

Hello Dave, I have the same problem with our 2008 Camelot. If I just touch the connection where it plugs into the fan motor it will run for awhile then stops. What did you have to do to fix the problem? I think mine is a short in the motor too.

Thanks,
Mike
mike.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Electrical Problems

Your problem may be in the connection itself. Try and unplug the connection to the fan and maybe try and clean the tips of the connectors if possible. Sometimes there can be a so called cold joint where there is oxidation on the wires where they plug into the fan in your case. If that doesn't work and you keep losing power to the fan, take a voltmeter and try to see if there is any voltage to the fan once it stops. That will tell you whether the problem is really in the plug to the fan, or maybe there is a relay before the wire gets to the fan that may be tripping. Just some suggestions that come to mind. Hopefully, you will discover the problem after investigating these alternatives.
David