Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
'02 Diplomat Headlights

Had a long trip last week that wound up continuing into the night. DW and I both noticed that the headlights were not very bright. Granted, they are 15 years old and I know there are brighter lights these days. Does the whole light change out or just the bulb? If just the bulb, how does it come out? Thanks
With Doberman (Bailey) & Shitzu (Cooper)
NVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The lens on your headlight might be fogged. You can buy a kit and try and recondition or polish it, this would be the cheapest option.

There is a listing for a 2001 Diplomat in the Monacoers Yahoo Group Parts list, check to see if this is the same light.

Headlight from 1997-2007 Ford Econoline
Roadside TYC 20-3075
or Ford F2UZ-13008-B
Curbside TYC 20-3074
or Ford F2UZ-13008-E

If you search Ebay you can get a new light for ~$30 each.

I had to replace the headlights on my 2002 Windsor for the same reason, I could hardly see anything at night.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Can just the bulb be replaced?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:40 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike
I have a 2001 diplomat with the same headlights as yours. I did replace my headlights because they were all fogged up. I bought a set on eBay for about $159.
Yes you can change just the bulb. It comes out the rear of the assembly. You turn the socket and the bulb and socket pop out.
Take the bulb to an auto parts store and they can sell you a much brighter bulb. I have Sylvania silver they are called. They are much better than stock bulbs. See what your local store has.
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi Mike
I have a 2001 diplomat with the same headlights as yours. I did replace my headlights because they were all fogged up. I bought a set on eBay for about $159.
Yes you can change just the bulb. It comes out the rear of the assembly. You turn the socket and the bulb and socket pop out.
Take the bulb to an auto parts store and they can sell you a much brighter bulb. I have Sylvania silver they are called. They are much better than stock bulbs. See what your local store has.
Rick
Thanks Rick. I didn't want to bust anything.
I LOVE your tail lights!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi Mike
Rick

Wow!!! Wish I could find the Dynasty headlights for less than $200! I think they are BMW 500 series headlamps.

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mike.
I found them on eBay also. If your interested I will search for them.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:12 AM   #8

What are the tail lights off of???
CUZNELY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW, I just purchased a Beaver Contessa. The right headlight was fogged up due to leakage INSIDE the light. I found the cause to be the careless way they ran several screws into the housing in order to mount it.

I took it off the coach. Made two small 'bags' of rice tied into some of old pantyhose. Tied a string to those and pushed them inside of the light. I left it inside of the house for about 2-3 days until it appeared that all of the moisture was gone. Carefully extracted the rice packets and sealed the entire perimeter of the light (mostly where the screw holes were).

No more moisture and it didn't really cost anything.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights