Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 09:16 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
05 Dynasty Aquahot questions

My wife and I bought a 05 Dynasty Platnum a couple of weeks ago (our first RV) drove home from Oregon to Minnesota last week, 1800 miles shake down ride! All went well, no issues! Now Iím working out some bugs, nothing to big, I serviced the air dryer, new spin on desiccant, rebuilt the purge valve. Just doing a general going over.

So, the coach has an Aqua Hot system on it that works fine, as far as I know, the one thing Iím having an issue with is the heat exchanger in the head, tonight I took the access panel out of the bottom of the cabinet under the sink, itís getting hot fluid to it but the fan is not kicking in, so, Iím just wondering which zone it would be in and what thermostat should control itÖÖ I fired up the AH let it get to temp and turned on both zones and cranked up the thermostats so both zones were on, still no fans running in the head, it appears to be wired directly to the switch (at least thatís what Iím thinking, only a hot and a ground going to the heat exchanger, now that I think about it, I didnít check the ground wire, Iíll have to do that Sunday evening) on the front of the sick cabinet, I put a test light on it and it has power coming into the switch and it has power going to the fans, at least thatís were I believe those two wires are heading, I didnít measure voltage but appears thereís always voltage going to the fans, even with the switch in the off position, I thousand that was strange, when I turn the switch on my test light actually got brighter so Iím assuming thereís an issueÖÖÖ

Any guidance would be much appreciated, maybe itís as simple as the fans are toast, Iím not sure, heading to Google and YouTube to see what I can learn!

Thanks in advance, Iíll try and post a pic of our new coach!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CFC51709-3B31-4C1A-86A2-CEB67573BBF6.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	344124  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 10:10 PM   #2

Should be a switch right on the vanity to turn it on. Mine is on the rt facing the sink.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
Should be a switch right on the vanity to turn it on. Mine is on the rt facing the sink.
Thanks, I have power into the switch and out, and yes the switch is on the
Front of the vanity, I have power out of the switch even when it is in the off position, kinda puzzling!
Old 09-24-2021, 11:27 PM   #4

Mine has no power at that switch until that section of the furnace is on., So do you have all three zones set to furnace? Your rear thermostat has two zones, your front should have one. If you're set up like mine. I have 2 ac's hence only two zones for ac and heat pumps.
When you say both zones, is that just on the rear thermostat? I just ran through mine. The head heater is on zone 2. Zone 1 has to be on for zone 2 to operate. Set them both to furnace in MODE. Set the temps up in both zones. Then try the switch. (Your fan under the outer sink vanity should be running as soon as zone 2 is on.)
Old 09-25-2021, 05:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ok, I’ll check the rear thermostat fo zone two settings!

I do think that it’s odd that there is power to the fans with the switch off, but again I haven’t checked the ground.

thanks I’ll give it a try and report back!

Much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2021, 08:49 AM   #6

Yours may be on a relay, they started to pay attention to wiring cost and weight right about then. For that matter mine might, I've never looked.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #7

Did you test power right at motor. Mine are brushless so if board in motor fails it won't run. The way mine are made "cross-flow" a mouse nest could stop the fan as well.
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:13 AM   #8

It runs off the same circuit as the outer bath heat exchanger. They both run off the same relay. That should narrow it down.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I put a volt meter on it this morning before I left the house, the hot wire is hot all the time, even when the switch is off, Iím thinking something is not right, the ground wire is not grounded, for what ever reason. I might give the previous owner a call and see if he remembers anything, I put a call into the people that have done his maintenance but Iím thinking he doesnít want to talk to me! I called and talked to him before we flew out there and asked if the coach would make the trip back to Minnesota without any big issues, he seemed kinda reluctant to talk to me! Interesting, Iíve found some elementary repairs that I would have thought should have be taken care of, the previous owner seemed to have an open checkbook for maintaining the coach but you never really know!

Iíll have to look into this some more, any advice is welcome!

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw1 View Post
I put a volt meter on it this morning before I left the house, the hot wire is hot all the time, even when the switch is off, I’m thinking something is not right, the ground wire is not grounded, for what ever reason. I might give the previous owner a call and see if he remembers anything, I put a call into the people that have done his maintenance but I’m thinking he doesn’t want to talk to me! I called and talked to him before we flew out there and asked if the coach would make the trip back to Minnesota without any big issues, he seemed kinda reluctant to talk to me! Interesting, I’ve found some elementary repairs that I would have thought should have be taken care of, the previous owner seemed to have an open checkbook for maintaining the coach but you never really know!

I’ll have to look into this some more, any advice is welcome!

Thanks for your help.
I thought that might be the case. Replace the switch. They pulled the ground because it wouldn't shut off from the sound of it. Turn it all on, momentary ground it, if it runs, great. If the motor starts letting out magic smoke replace it and the switch. Ps , save your call to the previous owner for something serious. You don't want him to quit taking your calls
Old 09-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks shootist, the ground wire is still connected tho, it should really work. Iím out of town till tomorrow evening, I take a closer look then!

Thanks again!
Old 09-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had a similar problem on our 06 dynasty. Cant check the switches on ours, so I ran a wire from the motor back to the Aquahot board and tied it into the hot for that fan. Apparently there was a break in the feed wire and now it works as it should, switch and all. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Joubert,

So I located a good ground tonight and the heater fans do work.

Now I have to figure out how to get it tied into the thermostat and Aqua Hot System so it works together like it’s supposed to.

Like I said before, all comments and suggestions are welcome!

Shootist, I sent you a pm!
Old 09-28-2021, 08:21 AM   #14

Any ground source will work. the fans don't need to be grounded at the aquahot.

Tags
aqua hot