Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
'06 Dip oil pressure guage

The oil pressure guage on my '06 Diplomat (part of the tach, volt and oil pressure cluster) has started intermittently going off scale to the right. After a while (sometimes 1 minute, sometimes 30 min), it will work again only to do the same thing some time later. The Aladdin screen confirms that the pressure is good...the guage just acts up. What is the best way to tell of it's the sender unit on the engine or the gauge itself? Does the Aladdin use the same sender unit as the dash guage to get its pressure reading? Thanks in advance.

Wizzo442
wizzo442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
There are two oil pressure sensors on your engine, only one drives the dash gauge. It will have either one or two wires depending on the type sensor and will be mounted somewhere near the oil filter, see the picture below.

The second sensor is on the engine and that is most likely what the Aladdin is reading.

It sounds like the first type sensor is starting to fail and is easily replaced.

Check here:
VDO 360-023 0-150 PSI/10 Bar M10x1K

Warning Contact: 7.0 PSI

Compatibility: 10-180 Ohms

egauge # 360-023

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_send.asp?Sender=150PSI_10Bar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Pressure sender.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	29675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil sensor.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	29677  

Attached Images

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Rex. On a trip now (it acted up on the way). I'll be home Saturday when I can get a closer (and probably dirtier) look. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
You could also just have a loose connection on the sensor. If the one on the engine ever fails, it will shut the engine down to protect it. That sensor you must get from Cummins and takes a special wrench to remove.

Best of luck. You may find the new sensor (if you need one) at your local NAPA store.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Finally found my sender unit. It's on the curb side of the engine over the starter...not an easy place to get a wrench. Cleaned the contacts first and that didn't solve the problem, so I'm going to replace the sender.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I would also check the wiring and see if it has rubbed through somewhere. It could be grounding itself somewhere and causing that same problem.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Finally got my new sender unit and got it installed. That fixed the problem. By the way, I think the sender for the Aladdin is just in front of the one for the gauge. Thanks for your help, Rex.