Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #1

06 Dynasty washer/dryer external vent

Is the external Dryer vent on the 06 Dynasty just a slot? If so how does the rain stay out? The 05 Dynasty has a hood over the opening.....Anybody know what I am seeing on the 06 Dynasty back right outside wall?
bpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpotter View Post
Is the external Dryer vent on the 06 Dynasty just a slot? If so how does the rain stay out? The 05 Dynasty has a hood over the opening.....Anybody know what I am seeing on the 06 Dynasty back right outside wall?
On my 06 countess it has a hood.
WadeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
06 Scepter: Hood
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
My Dynasty is the same as yours. I have wondered about that also.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeep View Post
My Dynasty is the same as yours. I have wondered about that also.
When you run the dryer are you getting air out of the slot?
Thanks, Byron
Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

When you run the dryer are you getting air out of the slot?
Thanks, Byron
Yes I do have air coming out. I attached a picture this is what you have?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1911274158.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	41199  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #7

Yep, that's it....how does that not fill up with rain water??? Is yours an 06? Maybe have to ask Monaco...
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #9

This is on an 06 Dynasty Platinum IV that I am looking at buying so was familiar with the hood over the opening but not the slot.

By the way....any advice on what you have found on your 06 that I should look for?
Thanks, -Byron
Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Well no leaks from he dryer vent that I know of. Just normal problems for a 7 year old coach. We have only had it since Sept of last year. The two things that comes to mind is I have a flat spot on the roof and I get a puddle when it rains. I did not notice it when I bought it. Monaco told me that it's not a problem. The floating fiberglass roof sometimes does this and if it's not leaking it's ok. The other was fixed before we bought it, look at the bottom of the slides at both ends. The bottom was cracked just from years of use. It was fixed with SS sheet metal.

We love it what a step up from other RVs we have had. We had a 2002 Winn Journey DP and i was non stop fixing things. We bought a new Montana 5 th wheel. That was also non stop and it was new. On our Dynasty I have 2 hoses I want to change and that's it for now. I think the difference is just the initial build quality. Don't get me wrong I had to fix a few things but we are very happy with it. Good luck with it if you buy it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #11

There is a flapper-type door that is inside and above the slot, and hidden from view. When the dryer is running, you can often hear it flapping, a bit. It is up, behind the plate, where you would really have to work at it to force water into it. It is really about the most attractive and functional way I've seen to get the dryer air out of the coach.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #12

Thanks guys for all your info...I will check the slides. Thanks for the info on the slot, it just looked like there would be a space below the opening but obviously not. Getting on the roof I noticed the float and wondered about that but didn't see any low spots...it does need recaulk though.

Do I have it right, below about 9 mph the tag will auto raise?

-Byron
Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #13

Talking

Quote:

Do I have it right, below about 9 mph the tag will auto raise?

-Byron
You should have a switch for the tag. When it is on you might have a dinging noise from the dash area. The switch should not be left on.

If you do have the switch on and going very slow (don't know the actual max speed) the tag will raise but if you pick up your speed it will automatically lower.

If you can't hear the dinging and leave the switch on it will most likely raise again when you go slow enough, but again, that is not the normal way.

The only time raising the tag is helpful is when making very tight turns. It will help reduce the tuning radius somewhat when on pavement and will also reduce scuffing the tag tires.

Realistically, unless you are doing a huge amount of tight turns regularly, the tag tires will age out long before you wear them out.

On our 2002 Dynasty I would raise the tag when making tight turns but now with our 2006 Signature, I rarely raise the tag. The beast is so heavy and the rear ground clearance is so small that I want all the help I can get keeping the trailer hitch off the ground!!
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #14

Thanks for the help...

Tags
vent