Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
'08 Camelot Kitchen Slide

We have a 42PDQ model. This morning the kitchen slide was rubbing on the end beneath the refrigerator. Part of the sheet of wood had split and had it jammed.

The wood was torn on a small section so we pulled it off all the way. We then continued to bring the slide in and it worked fine.

Just wondered if there is something we should do to prevent further damage...any insight?

Thank you
Turner family is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I guess this begs the question, under what circumstances was the slide being moved? Were the jacks up or down? Was the coach level or close to it? Did any of the other slides have a problem either going in or out? Has the kitchen slide worked well since the problem with the flooring. It could be as simple as a height adjustment on that part of the slide but it's difficult to tell without further information.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I guess this begs the question, under what circumstances was the slide being moved? Were the jacks up or down? Was the coach level or close to it? Did any of the other slides have a problem either going in or out? Has the kitchen slide worked well since the problem with the flooring. It could be as simple as a height adjustment on that part of the slide but it's difficult to tell without further information.
Bob,

The coach was level when the slide was being moved. After inspecting the exterior bottom part of the slide, we see that is appears to be due to the way it was made.

On the base of the slide side near the fridge there is a rectangular piece that is slick like on the edge, it is"pieced", where it ends is where the problem begins.

We see now that it needs to be fixed and will have it looked at by a Monaco repair center. It may also need adjusting.
Take a look at yours on the outside bottom to see if yours has that same piece sometime when you have your slides open. I'm curious to know.

Thanks so much,
Beth
Old 08-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I had a similar problem. The factory tech covered the affected area with a piece of sheet metal that runs from the outside edge to the inside and up the end lip. He glued it and screwed the ends fast. That was three years ago. No problem since.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDenPA View Post
I had a similar problem. The factory tech covered the affected area with a piece of sheet metal that runs from the outside edge to the inside and up the end lip. He glued it and screwed the ends fast. That was three years ago. No problem since.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with this. That makes logical sense as far as a solution. It appears to be a painted piece of sheet metal but it just was not cut big enough.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
JDENPA had the same repair performed as we did to fix that problem. I noticed the issue before it became a problem
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
JDENPA had the same repair performed as we did to fix that problem. I noticed the issue before it became a problem
Alan, Thanks for your post. It is responses and posts like this that make forums great. We can prevent and solve issues by seeing what others have experienced.

Maybe some others will check the bottom of their slides and see a weak area before it becomes an issue.

Have a great day!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Beth, I took 3 pictures of the bottom of my kitchen slide and I have one solid price of the slick white material full length and width of the bottom. I don't see where there is any wood that abuts the white material. I'll send you the pictures if you would be kind enough to send me a blank email so I have your email address. Thanks, Bob bnb1313@aol.com
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
To resolve this problem we ordered a kit from a mechanic who developed a kit to fix this problem. The kit worked great. Super-nice guy. If anyone needs the contact information let me know. I din't have it handy this minute or I would post it. I will get it from my husband and post it later.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Turner Family

Please post the contact information when you get a chance. It is information that some may need in the future if their slide bases, the slick white material, have a problem. I have seen more than one post on this site that describes problems in this area and in one case saw a post with pictures of the fix which sounds like yours. Thanks.

Lew
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club

"Slide Ski Kit"

The repair kit that we found is called a "Slide Ski." It was developed by a man named Eric Allen who has a business in Oregon called Elite Repair & Remodel.

He is a certified RV mechanic who formerly worked for Monaco Coach.

Eric Allen's number is 541 255 6231

The kit was installed in a matter of minutes by my husband and a friend and works great! It solved our problems!

Keep an eye on the bottom of your slides and order this kit if you see wear on the bottom of your slide.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
Turner Family

Please post the contact information when you get a chance. It is information that some may need in the future if their slide bases, the slick white material, have a problem. I have seen more than one post on this site that describes problems in this area and in one case saw a post with pictures of the fix which sounds like yours. Thanks.

Lew
I posted the information in a full reply to my original post.

Eric Allen 541 255 6231 is the guy's name that makes the kit. Elite RV Repair & Remodel out of Oregon.

Beautiful coach you have there! Hope you are enjoying yours as much as we do ours!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
08 Camelot Kitchen Slide

A bit off topic, but Eric Allen worked on my 07 Camrlot when we were in the Harrisburg Service Center a couple years ago -- He did a fantistic job solving wind noise around the entry door, getting much more air flow from the dash air outlets, & quieted road noise substantially -- It`s sure good news to hear he`s opened his own shop -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote