RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
'08 Camelot Throttle Position Sensor Problem

Have an '08 Camelot with a Cummins 400 ISL engine with the TPS problem. I have chased this problem from Monaco (no help there), Cummins (some help), Teleflex (nothing) and finally Kongsberg.
Just got an email from the Kongsberg Rep about my bad TPS and the info for ordering the replacement. Great Lakes Power is the US distributor for Kongsberg parts and Charlie Rother (440) 951-5111 is the contact.
Just ordered my new one which will take 2 weeks and approximately $380+ which includes shipping. Can't just replace sensor, must replace whole accelerator pedal assembly.
Trying to pull into traffic with a bad TPS caused the engine to go to idle with the accelerator all the way to the floor. This can definitely increase the heartrate to an unacceptable level. The TPS problem was identified by Cummins when they checked the error codes on the computer. At first I thought I had a fuel filter problem.
Hope this helps others with TPS problems.
Silent Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #2

Saying you got some help from Cummins but they couldn't fix it or you chose not to have them fix it and took care of it yourself?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

It might be less confusing when trying to get help if you didn't call it a TPS. A Throttle Position Sensor is the name given to the sensor on the throttle body of an electronic fuel injection system designed to give feedback to the ECU. I believe what you have is a Kongsberg Electronic Throttle Control. If it was in fact a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) then it would be a Cummins problem. Since it is not a TPS that is why Cummins cannot help you because it does not belong to them.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Did you unplug and check connection? i had this happen. Made it to side of road, cheched Silver leaf diagnostics, unplugged and cleaned connection. That was three years ago, no problem after that.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Cummins Help

I did get some help from Cummins. Once they identified the error code as a throttle position sensor (their words) they managed to chase it back to Teleflex and we chased to Kongsberg and finally Great Lakes Power. I was actually told that this new one will have the new hall effect sensor which in theory should never have a problem.
Oh, and yes, I have unplugged the cable and reseated the plug so hopefully it'll hold until the new one arrives.
I think the worst part of this ordeal was that it has been a very intermittent problem but hopefully this will finally fix it.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #6

wow

My wife and I just got home from a short trip and experienced this very problem. I was in question as to where you check the plug connection? Is it at the pedal harness ? or ferther down the line ? I hope this will correct my problem, if not I have a direction anyway. Thank you so much for all the input you kind folks put out there. This has been very helpful.

Poppa J
Poppa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
TPS Problem Location

It is at the pedal and I did disconnect and reconnect mine but I had the same problem yesterday on my way to Florida. I've ordered the replacement pedal assembly from Great Lakes Power and I should have it in acouple of weeks. I'm in FL at Alliance to have my worthless Dometic 1402 Sidewise (non) refrigerator replaced with the Samsung 197. Looking forward to ice cream that is not soupy.
Happy Trails
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Service View Post
It is at the pedal and I did disconnect and reconnect mine but I had the same problem yesterday on my way to Florida. I've ordered the replacement pedal assembly from Great Lakes Power and I should have it in acouple of weeks. I'm in FL at Alliance to have my worthless Dometic 1402 Sidewise (non) refrigerator replaced with the Samsung 197. Looking forward to ice cream that is not soupy.
Happy Trails
Ralph I dont have any idea whether this will help, I will attach a file I copied years ago to my Docs on how to calibrate the accelerator
Attached Files
File Type: txt Accelerator Calibrate.txt (1.8 KB, 229 views)
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote