RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #1

08' Diplomat Leveler Control Panel issue

Hi - I have a 2008 Diplomat PDQ ... on our last trip the Control Panel for the levelors would come on while driving and start beeping - the indication was the jacks were not retracted. Visual inspection indicated all three jacks were fully retracted. I took it in for service - no issues were found other than there was too much oil in the system. Upon driving the coach home from getting serviced the exact same problem occurred. I'm assuming it has something to do with a sensor or whatever mechanism is used to determine the jacks are retracted. Is this a common issue? Where should I start troubleshooting this myself before taking it back in so the Service dept. can do nothing again?

Thanks -

flyinraptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #2

flyinraptr, I had the exact same problem on my levelors control panel. Turned out to to be the pressure switch on the park brake module. Double check the control panel and see if all the lights are flashing or just certain ones. If all are flashing, it could mean the park brake is not indicating correctly. My unit has the Powergear automatic hydraulic levelors. Search this forum for Power Gear Levelors and it should give more info.

brrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If this happens after you have been driving and all the lights on the level control panel are flashing. The problem is most likely the Hydraulic level sensor in the Hydraulic tank used by the leveling system. If on the other hand it the alarm sounds only when you put the coach in gear right after releasing the parking brake it could be the park brake switch.
In my 06 Endeavor the leveling system is a Power Gear and the pump and tank are located behind the Dash Air Conditioner condensor which is on the driver side in the compartment between the rear wheel and the electrical compartment. You access the leveling unit by undoing the two Barrel locks on the cover and then the one barrel lock on the condenser fan assembly. It then will swing out of the way and you should be able to access the reservoir. There are two things that can cause the problem low hydraulic fluid level or a bad sensor. Check your manual on how to fill it but mine says once all the jacks are fully retracted loosen the weep hole screw at the back end of the tank and see if fluid comes out. If not then go ahead and add some fluid. I kept doing this and finally found that the sensor had gone bad so had it replaced and have not have the problem since. If your level is fine and the alarm is driving you crazy you can unplug the sensor and the alarm will stop. However be careful because you will not jack down warning if you put it in gear before the jacks are fully retracted.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the info - will look at the Power Gear threads. It seemed like all of the lights were flashing - although I was driving so not completely positive. It also seemed like the problem didn't start until I had driven a little ways and got onto the freeway ....
flyinraptr is offline   Reply With Quote