Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #1

110 electrical problems.

Every thing working fine in my 2008 Monaco Cayman coach this morning. Then I turned off shore power at the pole and started engine for a while. When I turned 110 volt shore power back on I now only have power to 3 plug outlets and to the air conditioner. When I run my power plant everything works. I have checked all breakers & switches. My energy management system lights up indicating there is power of 50 amps to everything but on the Magnum energy guage the power & charge light are off. A tech tells me it is the transfer switch. Is it possible for some outlets and the air conditioning to work while the majority of the coach is dead if it is the transfer switch? Seems to me either everything works or nothing works. Any ideas?? Thanks.
womps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Check your inverter for any loose connections or thrown breakers. Transfer switch is double pole so perhaps it could be the problem. I would remove the cover and inspect, just make sure power, inverter and genset are off.

Good luck.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #3

It sounds like you have lost one leg of the 115V. Have you tried a different shore power plug/pole
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Also try turning the shore power pedestal breaker of and then on again. Perhaps it did not reset correctly when you did it before. If it is OK, then look for a breaker on the coach side of the Inverter. It should be close to the inverter.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
It sounds like you have lost one leg of the 115V. Have you tried a different shore power plug/pole

Thanks Mike. We are surrounded by park models but I found another 30 amp extension cord besides my own to plug into an empty plug in across the street. Guess what? Everything worked 100%. Plugged into my own pole again and only 3 plug ins & air cond. working. I thought you either had power or no power. Guess not. Thanks again Mike. You saved me some cash!! Park is sending out electrician tomorrow.
womps is offline   Reply With Quote