RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Bill
I went and checked my rig, the fuse for my basement outlet is located in the bedroom 12 volt panel just like the wiring diagram indicates (who'd a thought).
I do not have a fuse for the basement outlets in the chassis 12 volt distribution panel outside under drivers seat.

Just a thought, it they got lazy could have they wired it into the basement light circuit??

I use a 2 outlet pigtail in several applications on the dash to plug in GPS and Tire monitor.

I also mounted a separate 2 outlet plug on the left of the steering column that I plug a small 100 watt inverter to power my laptop that has my silverleaf app on it. There was a 12 volt buss bar on the firewall I pulled power from. This outlet has an internal fuse.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2020, 12:09 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Bill
I went and checked my rig, the fuse for my basement outlet is located in the bedroom 12 volt panel just like the wiring diagram indicates (who'd a thought).
I do not have a fuse for the basement outlets in the chassis 12 volt distribution panel outside under drivers seat.

Just a thought, it they got lazy could have they wired it into the basement light circuit??

I use a 2 outlet pigtail in several applications on the dash to plug in GPS and Tire monitor.

I also mounted a separate 2 outlet plug on the left of the steering column that I plug a small 100 watt inverter to power my laptop that has my silverleaf app on it. There was a 12 volt buss bar on the firewall I pulled power from. This outlet has an internal fuse.
Jim

I don’t have a 12 volt panel anywhere except up front, under driver. I do have the multi plex system in the back bedroom, but that only protects the lighting inside the coach and water pump.

I tried the basement lights thinking maybe it was tied to that, but no go.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
here is a follow up to close this thread.

The basement cigarette lighter is daisy chained through another socket up by the front dash at the floor level. It was never used. A few years ago, I took that lower plug out and replaced the entire thing (cigarette lighter and phone outlet) with USB outlets fed by the 120 volt receptacle that is there. The other 3 cigarette outlets on the dash for any accessories are fed by a different circuit. My wire nuts finally came loose. Took a soldering iron to it this time, with a water proof crimp over it.

Monaco labeled it 'bay 12 volt recept' which is partially correct.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt