RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
12 volt power question

I have a 2005 Monaco Cayman. One of the two cigarette lighter (power ports) does not work. Also the ICC rocker switch does not work. I've looked for blown fuses, but can't find any. There is a very large 12 volt fuse pannel in the front bay, drivers side, but couldn't find the fuses.

Anny help appreciated.
__________________

frank J P is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 40,916
I had a defective GPS power adapter that was blowing the fuse to the 12 VDC accessory jacks on the dash. It was in the electrical compartment at the very front on the driver's side. I believe it was fuse #8, but that probably wouldn't be the same on your coach. Good luck!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
GregOk80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 326
I have that type of problem. Pull all fuses one at a time and use a checker to make sure they are good and replace back. Bet it works after this because it did me.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
 
Dutch Star Don's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moorpark, Ca.
Posts: 15,360
Frank.....The fuses in that front run bay are often poorly marked and the only way to find a blown fuse is to check each one. If you're comfortable with a volt/ohm meter, set it to "chime" on the ohm readings so that it chimes when you touch the two probes together. Then touch the probes to the back of each fuse. Each fuse has two openings at the end where you see metal.

Pep Boys and others also make a fuse tester that use comes with a box of assorted fuses. The tester has two adjustable probes (can be spread wider for wider fuses) that you just touch to the back of the fuse while it's in place. If the fuse is good, an LED goes green. It will work on about 80% of the fuses. The other 20% are to close to large objects and the tool won't fit.

If you find a blown fuse, mark it's location on the cover and what it's for, because it will probably blow again.
__________________
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
2019 Ford Raptor
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
onechaddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,862
Check the back of the power plug. I had same problem and turned out the ground wire had vibrated off. Easy fix and easy to check.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
12 volt, power



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×