Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2022, 05:25 PM   #1

12 volt water pump module location

I have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Scepter, I can activate all three remote water pump switches and the LED on the switch lights up but the pump won't run. I have wired the pump directly with 12 volts and the pump runs just fine. I have been told that there is a module or "black box" where the three remote switches are wired to and the module triggers the pump no matter what switch is activated. I have traced the wires back from the pump as far as I can go and have used a mirror to look behind the water bay panel but still don't see a black box or module. Looking for help in where the module is located on my coach. It sounds like I have an Intellitec Water Pump Controller
windsor02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2022, 05:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours is in the water bay up high on the wall.

Mike
Old 06-03-2022, 06:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My latching relay is located near the pump.

On my coach I have a relay between the latching relay and the pump, this is what actually energizes the pump so that is something you can check. I also have a fuse just before the pump, something else to check.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
YC1

Mine is/was buried behind the fancy wet bay panel. That panel caused me a lot of grief and frustration over the year so is now a nice panel of covered aluminum. That said, that is where my module lives and you may find yours there too. It just takes a lot of patience to get there.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #5

Thanks to all your suggestions. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:34 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
You should have 3 Intellitec modules by the circuit breakers in the bedroom. One of the modules is a latching module and controls the fans and water pump. It says latching module on it.

Each circuit is fused. If the water pump fuse is blown, the pump won’t come on, but the indicator light should. Have someone turn on/off one of the water pump switches while you watch the module. A tiny LED should be going on/off with the switch. This is the water pump circuit. Test the fuse next to that light.

Hopefully, it is just and old age thing and not a short to ground on the 12v wire from module to the water pump.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #7

12 volt Water Pump Module Location

Thank you for your reply,

We found the module's you described and have activated the water pump switches and there is a "clicking sound" that comes from the module but the LED light does not come on and neither does the water pump. Every fuse we could find was checked and no blown fuses were found.
I have to wonder if there is another module between the Latching module and the water pump itself that is not allowing the signal to go through to the pump???
Any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Old 06-06-2022, 06:38 PM   #8

Have you checked the LOAD terminal on the relay for 12+ volts out ?
Old 06-06-2022, 07:01 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Have you checked near the water pump itself. I have both a relay and a fuse.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #10
YC1

Post a picture of the module you checked please and where you might have taken voltage measurements.

It could run another module for sure. The pump takes a lot of power to run so a light wire would not do it.

My water pump 12 volt breaker is in a plastic box in the battery compartment. There are other things connected in there as well.

You may end up pulling the wet bay panel loose or out to find the hidden module.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:13 PM   #11

12 volt Water Pump Location

Thank everyone for their help. I'm going to pull the wet bay panel and look for another module. REV Group support said their should be an Intellitec Water Pump Controller P/N 00-00145-100 behind the panel. Maybe I can pull the panel forward enough to find it. The latching relay is clicking On/Off when I activate a water pump switch so I am hoping to find that their is a Controller for the pump.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor02 View Post
Thank everyone for their help. I'm going to pull the wet bay panel and look for another module. REV Group support said their should be an Intellitec Water Pump Controller P/N 00-00145-100 behind the panel. Maybe I can pull the panel forward enough to find it. The latching relay is clicking On/Off when I activate a water pump switch so I am hoping to find that their is a Controller for the pump.
Unplug the 12V power to the latching relay for a few seconds and plug it back in. Then try one of your pump switches. You may want to go to a 10 amp latching relay. I did when I upgraded my pump.
Tim
Old 06-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Have you checked near the water pump itself. I have both a relay and a fuse.
My 05 ambassador has the variable speed water pump and my problems started with a low grounding pulsing sound as the pump tried to squeeze in the last ounce of water pressure before shutting down each time I used it.

Long story short that was a low voltage problem. I found multiple connectors in the water bay offering multiple opportunities for failure and had to go through them one at a time cutting out some unnecessary splices and shortening the feed. I suggest there are a lot of points for failure even if everything is working up to your latching relay.

After eliminating a lot of wheat connections and one bad nearly open circuit point, we found that virtually every connection in the electrical chain between the main house power switch at the entry door and the water pump was loose and/or suffered I guess you would call it bi-metal corrosion.

Found the open circuit repaired it found all the points of resistance that were causing low voltage to the water pump even before the open circuit and solve the problem.

I agree with the suggestion that you start by checking the output side of the latching relay and see if it's even putting out 12 volts or any meaningful voltage for that matter.

Been working backwards is it receiving the signal.

Good luck to you
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:56 AM   #14

Our water pump module is located in the water bay. Behind a panel in the upper right corner. Panel is about 12 in. by 8 in. Held on by 4 screws. Once off, 5 minutes to change the module.

2007 HR Endeavor PDQ
2019 Chevy Equinox
RVi brake system

Doug & Pam
Holiday1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, cat, location, pump, water, water pump