RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #1

15 amp power to coach little help please

We have a new to us 07 Beaver Marquis. When I am plugged into a 15 amp outlet my Alladin shows 110 power to both legs and if I use a splitter on the end of the 50 amp coach cord it shows 110 to leg two. Problem is that I have no 110 power to anything inside the coach. The inverter shows no power. I have put a voltage meter on the incoming wires to the inverter and no power there. Anyone have any ideas? I turned the inverter charger clear down to 5 but still nothing. Panel doesn's show anything incoming. All power works fine with generator or when plugged into 50 amps. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
You should show power on both legs no matter what you plug in to. Tell me more about the "splitter on the end of the 50 amp coach cord" you are using.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like the problem is at the transfer switch. Power from genny, not from shore. Run a check at the ATS.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Both sides of the splitter need to be plugged in. I had the same problem with a 30/20 splitter to 50 amp plug. I discovered that if I plugged in the 30 amp side and the 20 amp side, it worked fine even plugged into two 20 amp outlets.
Wingman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If by a "Splitter" you mean a cheater box.. Those are not all that useful (This is a box that lets you plug in a 50 amp cord to two 30 or 20 amp outlets, it's also a GFCI tester as it will trip a GFCI 100% of the time, making it next to useless)

A DOGBONE connector (30 amp plug and 50 amp outlet) from your local RV store, Camping world or Wal-Mart will feed BOTH legs off a single outlet. You may need 2 of them

one 50 to 30 one 30 to 15 Though I have, on rare occasions, seen one that goes all the way from 50 amp to 15.. Kind of rare though.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #6

15 amp

The splitter I have I got at camping world. I also have a straight 50 to 30 amp which I then put on an adapter to use an extension cord. On my old coach I could use the splitter to charge batteries and get power into the coach just using one side. The splitter lets the 50 amp cord plug in and then two cords come off it each going to 30 amps. I had the one marked that would charge the batteries again by just using an adapter on it going to 15 amp extension cord. The new coach shows power to both legs on the alladin using the 50 to 30 single cord but no power inside the coach anywhere. Using the splitter I can put the extension cord on one leg at a time and get to each leg seperately but either way no power to the coach. I used volt meter and no matter how I hook the coach up to 15 amps there is no power coming into the inverter even with the alladin showing ther is power. I think I have a transfer switch problem.
Thanks everyone for your replys. Very much appreciated

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #7

Exact thing happened to me. Had coach in storage and 15 amp service would fire anything up. Took coach to a camp and plugged into 50 amps. Worked fine. Is the 15 amp wiring the issue for both or is there something else?

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power