Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2020, 07:48 AM   #1

1989 Monaco Roadmaster

Hello All,

I have just purchased a 1989 Monaco Roadmaster 36ft and I am trying to find more information about it. I cannot seem to find anywhere online an exact match for the same RV. I have also searched this forum and cannot find any information about it, everything is about the Crown Royal models. Is anyone familiar with this RV? It is a CAT 3208 motor and Allison transmission. The front bumper and grill look similar to the dynasty model.

I am wondering if there are any model or chassis specific problem areas I need to watch out for? Also is it possible to find owners manuals and documentation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roadmaster.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	293899  
aja314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What you have appears to be the Crown Royale. What makes you think it is not?

I have a brochure for a 1992 Crown Royale (I know your Coach is older...), but this should be real close to your model.

It is too large to upload here. Here are two pages from it.
You can download the brochure (and Owners manual) for the 1992-95 models from my Signature line below. Just click on the "Wiring Diagrams" link and go the folder for "Owners manuals and Brochures", if you think that material will be useful to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco Crown Royale specs.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	293922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	293923  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:23 PM   #3

Hi Mike, thank you for the links. The reason why I don't think it is a crown royal is the grill and front bumper are different than all the pictures I have seen online. I have only been able to find 1-2 other pictures of rv's with the same drivetrain and body work and all of them don't have any further details
Old 07-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #4

So the chassis is a 1988 but the RV is titled as an 89. It has a propane generator, leaf springs, and hydraulic brakes. From reading it sounds like all those would conflict with it being a Crown Royale. Also GVWR is 23,000lbs which sounds really low to me. Cat 3208 engine with the Allison transmission.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aja314 View Post
Hello All,

I have just purchased a 1989 Monaco Roadmaster 36ft and I am trying to find more information about it.

Also is it possible to find owners manuals and documentation?
See this thread on the '89 Crown Royale. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/our...ld-460850.html
PM or e-mail Greg (the Original Poster in the thread) and compare notes, he probably has manuals and info that can help you. Good luck.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #6

1989 monaco roadmaster 3208cat

Hi aja314 .

Very coincidental that I also purchased the exact same coach in Sept 2020.

55,000 miles
Paid too much.
Have not got it on the road yet as I discovered all the brake lines are crusty, after I went to move it from the seller's in April and one line to a wheel cylinder blew out.
Claimed he was not aware of issue with brake lines.
My error for not asking or looking for myself ?
( he let me keep it there over the winter as he was supposed to find a passenger side windshield motor ).

So, my journey has started - having all the lines replaced.

Hope you are having a better experience with yours.

Would like to share info on obtaining parts etc.

We are on Cape Cod Mass.

Jim
JPATRUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #7

This is Jim on Caoe Cod again.

I have original owner manual. 2" thick.
Too much to copy.

I am brand new to this forum and could not figure out how to send a picture.
But, the cover of manual is
MONACO
Roadmaster

Looks exactly like yours.

3208 CAT Turbo.
Allison 4 spd
Hydraulic brakes
ONAN LPNG genset

I you would like, e:mail me, as I don't go on this forum often.

Found your post by googling 1989 Monaco

E:mail
MRRV001@aol.com
JPATRUNO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, roadmaster