Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

1991 HR 34 P-30 low voltage at chevy fuse block

Hi!
I have a 1991 HR 34 with P-30 and I am losing 1 volt between the aux solenoid/guest battery switch and my Chassis fuse block ignition ( brown) wire under modest load.

My battery voltage is 11.98 at the aux solenoid and 10.8 at the fuse block under the dash ( chevy fuse block). I removed the guest battery switch to eliminate it as the problem

Assume corrosion somewhere but I cannot see how the 12 volts gets from the battery to the fuse block under the dash.

This is the dash gauges dance when the turn signal are on, etc. problem.

I also assume there is another fuse block with relays, etc somewhere but I cannot find it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel under hood.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	210904   Click image for larger version

Name:	aFTER.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	210905  

HRLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

You lost me on that one but wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club

I've heard of the chassis battery, and the house battery, but not a guest battery. Could your voltage difference be the difference in the house and chassis batteries?

11.98v battery voltage for a 12v battery indicates only about 40% charged. Either your battery is damaged, very weak, or the connections are dirty.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

The power from the chassis battery goes from the battery to the starter solenoid. From there it should go through a fusible link to a junction block near the alternator. It should then go to the main fuse block.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #5

From what I remember there are a bunch of circuit breakers under the front hood. They get corroded inside and will drop voltage often to 0. When you find them run a voltage drop test across each one of them. That goes for any circuit breaker that you can find on an RV that is even a few years old. I had to replace about eight of them on my brothers 95 P30 about 3 years ago. On his, they put them on the firewall where any water that leaked through the hood would drip on them. You might also do the same with every ground connection you can find. Just google "voltage drop test". Learning it will save you a lot of unnecessary searching and parts replacing in the future.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #6

This is very helpful! Thanks!
HRLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevy, fuse