Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
1992 MONACO SIGNATURE jack servicing

I have posted this before and got no real answer to my year group

YEAR: 1992
BRAND: MONACO

MODEL: SIGNATURE

SYSTEM: LEVELING JACKS

On the above referenced motorhome it has the 3 jack system. I need to service the jacks. I think I blew a line at the shuttle vale on the left side. The only thing that look I a tank is a small round tank mounted to what looks like a GM starter motor they are mounted underneath the coach on the co pilot side. I have not found any other type tank for the jacks. If this is the tank how do I service it it looks like it has a very small service port on top. If there is another tank could a another mid 90s Signature owner please let me know where it is at or send me a picture. When I had my Bluebird the tank was just forward of the entry steps. I have not found any tank that size except for the fan hub/power steering tank in the back. Any help would be appreciated.
hturner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

There is no other tank for the jacks, just the one that you saw. The Jack system is RVA.
WWW. rvajacks.com
The website is down right now.
sjholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hugh RVA jack sys is a good system and the folks at RVA are good folks to deal with, after you get the line fixed and need to refill the tank the procedure for refilling is to extend the front jack 6 inches turn on the ign key ( so the low fluid bong will sound) fill the tank with dexron trans fluid until the bong stops.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Walt
Thank you. My owner's manual just said service with one jack down six inches but failed to give the full procedure. I was able to download it from RVA today. Got to finsh up the engine swap before I move from the back. I let it run hot. Cummins in Birmingham diagnosis metal in oil and three cylinders scored. That all they told me oh yeah a reman would be 25k. On the tow from AL to GA wrecker drive broke pinion shaft. Hopefully it be back in next week. Big job. After a break it be on to the next project. 22 years on the road, some redneck work has caused some thing to stop work or not work all the way. The time part is doable the red neck stuff ????.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Still has the Gas matics on it. The Konis are on the list
Old 04-24-2014, 05:22 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hugh the Blistein comfort are about half the price of the Koni and folks have reported good success with them. Are you repairing the Engine your self and is it the 8.3.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Hugh the Blistein comfort are about half the price of the Koni and folks have reported good success with them. Are you repairing the Engine your self and is it the 8.3.
Walt
I have the 10 mechanical. Yes I am doing most of the work myself. A friend of mine has a shop with a big concret area. He also has about 20 years more truck/bus/ car experience than I do plus any special tools and equipment I don't have. If I had not worked on airplanes for 20 plus years the 2 years on trucks and teaching automotive for 6 I would not even considered it. I am glad I don't have a pesky customer want to know when it be done. The rearend goes back in tomorrow and the engine and tranny some time next week. This job definitely requires a fork lift. We raised the back about 18" for clearance. It slides back and down. There are no mounts on the transmission so you have to take it out as a unit.

Once my bank account recovers the next big job is the shocks.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Wow Hugh it looks like you have your hands full, good luck with the repairs.

Tags
monaco