Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #15

[QUOTE=pwhittle;2075371]I was able to get back under it this morning. I set the ride height to 11" H-Frame to main Frame. The top of the storage cabinets is 43" front to rear.

The air bags measured about 8 1/2" plate to plate.

Attachment 64266Attachment 64267

Paul[/QUO

Paul,

I have the sister to your motorhome. The only difference is mine is in the aqua green color. I to date hadn't seen a 94 in your unit's color. Looks good to me.
Loren
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2014, 06:29 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Does your have the bath tub and the 24.5" wheels too?

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Paul & Loren what beautiful older coachs?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Walt,

We sure think so. We just completed a large update on ours. I had a leak that rotted some subfloor. I found some local craftsmen to fix the subfloor and put down new tile. Then the tile looked so good, we had them replace the beveled mirror backsplashes with matching detail tile.

Then came the update from mid 1990's gold to brushed nickel. There are over 85 cabinet pulls to replace. Plus faucets, the sliding door on the bath, and the light fixtures.

The quality of everything built 20 years ago is still very impressive. We love the new look and plan to keep it and use it.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhittle View Post
Does your have the bath tub and the 24.5" wheels too?

Paul
Paul,

My rig does have the 24.5 wheels. No bath tub but we do have a great shower. The original owner I think did order a few extra things, like the m11e engine. I'm sure that cost him dearly. I spoke to a sales man at garaunty (rv sales palace in Colburg Oregon) who was in Monaco sales when my rig was sold. He told me that there were only 12 units sold in the pacific NW with 24.5 wheels. Actually I don't quite under stand the reason for them -- perhaps because of the lower tire sidewall profile there's better handling? I noticed that the circumference of the tire is actually a couple of inches smaller.

Also the original owner had a beautiful eagle painted on the rear of our mh. Don't see murals so much any more but I like ours ---I don't always think the graphics are so good but I like this one.
It's interesting when I look at much newer rigs --just how well our unit compares. Other than no slides it has almost every thing the most newer units have.
One thing that make my rig set apart is it's color. Almost everything from 2000 on is in shades of brown, greys or black overall. There'll some times be some other color in the scheme-- but over all it's a combinations of those colors. I find it easy on my eyes to have the shades of aqua-- but I suppose it actually dates my rig-- I bet though when these modern schemes run their course it will come back to schemes similar to ours.
Guess I've rambled enough.
Loren
Old 06-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Paul & Loren what beautiful older coachs?
Walt& will
Thanks for you kind coment. My wife and I feel fortunate that we found our rig. It originally was purchased by someone who pretty much wanted top of the line, and they cared for it very well. It still shows today, I just try to keep it as good as I got it or better.
Loren