Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #1

1994 Dynasty transfer switch/heart inverter

Greetings All! Newbie here. I've been through the boxes of manuals I have, and looked in all the likely spots and cannot locate Transfer Switch or Heart inverter. Only likely places left are above frame rails in front Basement compartment and in wet bay behind grey water tank (about 6 inch access there) . Looks to be a pretty good excercise to get the front compartment ceiling down, with the propane tank taking up most of that bay.
Lastly, I noticed that even with all the manuals I have, No blueprints. I've downloaded what I could find on G..gle and here, but most of the scans are nearly unreadable. Does anyone have prints they would share or links? Thanks in advance.
exp500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2019, 07:41 PM   #2

IMHO inverter should be located in an open air space so as not to overheat, I am not familiar with your coach, keep looking I'm sure you will find it, welcome to the forum.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just ordered a "borescope" type apparatus for my laptop/phone. USB camera. I'll try snaking along the wire bundles into the various black holes. I already removed some internal cabinet sides to look into 2 boxed holes in the upper rear corners.Only found speaker,light and camera harnesses in each 18x12 space.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
exp500, the transfer switch and the Heart inverter/charger are in the second compartment back, passenger side on my "96 Windsor"! They are vented to the propane tank compartment that is in the first compartment, and is open air!
Give "Harley1994" a PM, as he has a "93" Dynasty that he has totally rebuilt, and it should be close to what you have!
Or you can go to the "Total Rebuild" thread, and shoot him a message there! In the Vintage section! Good Luck, Rail!
Old 12-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

Found and parts ordered! Thank you all for your generous help. Many replies, suggestions, P/M's, blueprints,welcome to the forum greetings and encouragement. I found a troubleshooting guide for my transfer switch. I will add it to the Manuals Archive at forum home.

Tags
inverter, switch, transfer switch