Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #1

1994 Monaco ac problem

I have a Monaco dynasty 1994 model, problem is I have no 120 v ac in the bedroom outlets or the T.V. no other problems exist. I have checked all breakers and replaced the gfi in the bathroom still no luck. I have spent many hours researching this on the internet with no luck.
I checked the inverter and both built in breakers are in, What am I missing.
Thank you
Dave
dgarrettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
KIX

Dave, I don't have a Monaco so this info may not be applicable to your coach. Most coach builders use receptacles that a 120vac wire is "snapped" into. Then a wire leading to the next receptacle in line is snapped in also. My guess is that the wiring from "X" receptacle to the ones in your BR is compromised. Without a wiring diagram it's just a guess as to where "X" receptacle is but that's what it sounds like to me. Good Luck
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Dave, I don't have a Monaco so this info may not be applicable to your coach. Most coach builders use receptacles that a 120vac wire is "snapped" into. Then a wire leading to the next receptacle in line is snapped in also. My guess is that the wiring from "X" receptacle to the ones in your BR is compromised. Without a wiring diagram it's just a guess as to where "X" receptacle is but that's what it sounds like to me. Good Luck
Thanks Kix, I checked a couple and they used the screw type in my rig. I just can figure this one out and you are right with out a wiring diagram where do I go first. Thanks anyway
Have a good day
Dave
Old 09-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
KIX

Dave, Hve you checked for AC coming into any receptacle that does not have power then work backwards. the TV you mentioned ....... is that near the other non-working receptacles?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #5

Kix,
Yes the last plug that has power is in the bathroom, a gfi which I replaced today the next plug is the tv then the 2 plugs in the bedroom, all 3 are dead.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #6

I just pulled apart the breaker panel and the one next to it that has 4 large relays in it and they all look good, no burnt wires at least. Relays seem to operate correctly but with out a diagram who knows.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
KIX

You say that the GFCI is 1st then the power runs from the GFCI to the 3 dead plugs. Are you saying that the GFCI is also controlling the 3 dead plugs? IF so, that just doesn't sound right. Why would the BR & TV plugs need to have GFCI?

If you can remove all the potential AC from the coach then you could test each of the 3 AC conductors for continuity. If you can do this you could probably eventually narrow it down to a specific location.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarrettb View Post
I just pulled apart the breaker panel and the one next to it that has 4 large relays in it and they all look good, no burnt wires at least. Relays seem to operate correctly but with out a diagram who knows.
Dave, check all connections for tightness while you have that apart.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #9

Boy a diagram would sure help. Then I could find out where the bedroom feed is and go to that spot to see what gives...... Thank you for all your help I will do more in the morning I am really frustrated right now.

Take care
Dave
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #10
KIX

I have a friend that has a Monaco and I recently heard of a website for Monaco owners that had tons of info. Problem is I can't remember were I learned of it or the address. Maybe try to Google "monaco info" or variations of that and maybe you can find the site.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #11

I found one more plug that is dead in the motor compartment for the block heater
Old 09-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #12

will try that Kix thanks
Old 09-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarrettb View Post
I found one more plug that is dead in the motor compartment for the block heater
That one would be a prime suspect for the feed IMO unless that recept is one that needs to be plugged in (some are that way).
Old 09-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
dgarrettb.....The block heater plug may be switched, so I wouldn't necessarilly throw that one into the mix. Without a wiring diagram, you might break out a voltmeter and start taking continuity readings from the dead outlets to each other and then back toward that GFI.

Some coaches have two GFI's make sure you check all of the outlets carefully for a second GFI.

You may also want to check to see if those outlets work with the genset. You could have a bad A/C cord coming into the coach with one leg dead.

Just throwing out ideas!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote