RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1996 Dynasty Hydraulic leak from seal

I have a 1996 Dynasty Hydraulic leak from seal on the cooling fan (one of two) located on the driver's side rear where there are multi cooling radiators.

I can only get the bottom two bolts and nuts off. Anyone know how to remove the top two bolts and nuts or is there another way to take the fan out?

Thanks,

George
1996 Monaco Dynasty

gdpjjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 06:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
George why not try this before removing the Hyd motor or at least talk to one of the techs at Lucas. I have used their seal repair ( polymers) on power steering on autos and transmission seal repair on automatic car trans and it did as advertised on both , it won't build a seal but it will repair a small leaking seal.

Hydraulic Oil Booster & Stop Leak

walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Walt, I have been sooo brain frazzled and so frustrated over this leak that I overlooked this possibility. I will get some and try as soon as the rains stop. (two days). I will post the results later in the week.

One of the things that I like about this forum is the "collective minds" of fellow RV'ers that have been there and done that.

Thanks again for your help,

George
1996 Dynasty
Old 05-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
George you might want to call Lucas in CA these guys are happy to assist and will make Recommendations on what to use.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #5

George, my 1995 Monaco fan motor leaked and I bought an expensive new fan motor for replacement. I cleaned up the hydraulic fluid that was all over the fan blades and by the time the fan motor arrived, the leak had stopped. That was years ago. If you decide to buy the fan motor (name ends in foss) call me. Kidding.
Pete Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:14 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Walt, That is what I did. After speaking with them, It was recommended to use transmission fix. Probably will do this today......as long as it drys up a little outside.

Thanks,

George
1996 Dynasty
Old 05-10-2016, 06:18 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Pete, I hope I can just get the transmission fix to do what it is suppose to do.....stop the fluid from leaking. I will keep you in mind. Thanks for the info.

George
1996 Dynasty

Tags
hydraulic, leak, seal