Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2021, 06:54 PM   #1
Author, Speaker, Advisor

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
1996 Monaco

I own a '21 New Aire, but this coach that just pulled in next to us at a camp in MI is beautiful. I went over to compliment them, and he said they bought it yesterday. 1996, 37,000 miles, 8.3 Cummins (I think he said), all original, stored inside its whole life, inside looked brand new. He said engine is great, but gutless, given the HP/Torque vs. weight, but runs great. Only thing they've done is put a new water pump in for the water system. Came with full maintenance records...and records of every trip they made.

$18,000

I think it's gorgeous. I'm kind of tired of the faceless paint jobs all the new ones have, including mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7873.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	664.6 KB
ID:	342884  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wow beautiful coach. Lucky find.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Love those mid 90s Dynasty coaches! We seriously looked at a 32’ 1995 Dynasty back in the day.

Nice find!
Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:02 PM   #4

Nice to see older ones in that condition.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
we’ve owned a 38’ 1995 dynasty for four years and think it’s well made, quality coach. the 8.3 isn’t a rocket but it pulls the Sierra mtns just fine.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #6

Great looking coach, hard to beat the quality of early Monaco's.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:04 PM   #7

I like the paint design of my 95 old girl , the green really grew on me on me , like moss lol it's simple but not really dated maybe more modern than 96 picturedClick image for larger version

Name:	20190526_095446(1).jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	343194
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I like the paint design of my 95 old girl , the green really grew on me on me , like moss lol it's simple but not really dated maybe more modern than 96 picturedAttachment 343194
I always loved the look of the molded bay doors on your era of Signature Series and other high end coaches of the era. Not sure why everyone went to the boring smooth look.

Great looking coach for sure you got there, 153stars. Do you have the 450hp M11 in yours? Must be a hot rod if you do!

Josh

PS I remember seeing a floor plan in a 95 or 96 Signature that had an L shaped sofa. I thought it was the coolest thing!
Old 09-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #9
Author, Speaker, Advisor

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I like the paint design of my 95 old girl , the green really grew on me on me , like moss lol it's simple but not really dated maybe more modern than 96 picturedAttachment 343194
That's beautiful. There's something about the classics that are really appealing. I don't like the new paint schemes, even though I have one. They are all neutral, boring colors that all look alike.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #10

I love the old coach styling too.

Here's my new-to-me 1997 Dynasty. Love the colour and paint on this, I've received many compliments already from people just passing by.

We call it "Blue Thunder".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	344154  
RoadTrip2084 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #11

Thanks for the compliments.
Yes it has M11 and 4000 trans as well as Aquahot and 2006 Generac 7.5 K Quite diesel genny the 10k open died on PO. I don't have L couch has a several drawer credenza across from couch. PO used for drag racing, pulling serious full tube frame and cage gas car in trailer . Someone welded rear frame where engine would have slid out to better support hitch. He gave me the heaviest made air bag hitch that was about a grand.
He took good care of mechanicals and main equipment but let a little stuff go as he was tinkering with car instead.
Congrats on the new to you Dynasty ,I love your Blue Thunder my my friend with newer smaller Monaco calls mine Goliath or the Jolly green giant. Ho Ho Ho
I like the molded doors of old HR Navigators the closed solid like a car door. I took a real good look at one had the most beautiful wood work and finish like old fine furniture
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTL View Post
I always loved the look of the molded bay doors on your era of Signature Series and other high end coaches of the era. Not sure why everyone went to the boring smooth look.

Great looking coach for sure you got there, 153stars. Do you have the 450hp M11 in yours? Must be a hot rod if you do!

Josh

PS I remember seeing a floor plan in a 95 or 96 Signature that had an L shaped sofa. I thought it was the coolest thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcbaker View Post
That's beautiful. There's something about the classics that are really appealing. I don't like the new paint schemes, even though I have one. They are all neutral, boring colors that all look alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post

Here's my new-to-me 1997 Dynasty. Love the colour and paint on this, I've received many compliments already from people just passing by.

153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip2084 View Post

Beautiful! Dang, wish I had of thought of Blue Thunder! Now we are stuck with the Big Blue name .

Nice to see so many old school blue coaches. We were pretty shocked when we found out ours was original from the factory (custom ordered by the original owner). We have the original factory paint drawings with codes. I think blue is making a big come back, seeing quite a few Newmars and Entegras with blue exterior options now.

That Dynasty looks to be in amazing shape. Awesome!

Josh
Old 09-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcbaker View Post
I own a '21 New Aire, but this coach that just pulled in next to us at a camp in MI is beautiful. I went over to compliment them, and he said they bought it yesterday. 1996, 37,000 miles, 8.3 Cummins (I think he said), all original, stored inside its whole life, inside looked brand new. He said engine is great, but gutless, given the HP/Torque vs. weight, but runs great. Only thing they've done is put a new water pump in for the water system. Came with full maintenance records...and records of every trip they made.

$18,000

I think it's gorgeous. I'm kind of tired of the faceless paint jobs all the new ones have, including mine.
I sure agree on your paint comment...and it does indeed look beautiful.

Tags
monaco