Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #1

1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 37CDS

I just became the proud owner of a 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 37cds. This is my second class a motorhome but my first dp and my first experience with a slide out. In other words, I know just enough to be dangerous. I only have some of the manuals and hope someone can help me with a couple questions. I found 2 pieces that I have determined are manual locks for the slide out. I get what they are supposed to do but can't figure for the life of me exactly where they go. They don't seem to fit in any of the places that seem logical to me. I asked the previous owner and he said they go " up at the top" but that he never used them. He told me that the previous owner had a big repair bill after trying to extend the slide when he forgot to remove them. What is everyone else doing here? Can anyone tell me exactly where they go exactly? Also, I have seen conflicting information on the leveling jacks/ operate slide out sequence. What is right? Thanks for any help or advice.
dragracer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had a 2000 Endeavor and the braces do indeed go in at the top of the slide out from the inside of the motorhome. We never used them and never had any problem with the slides creeping out. Good luck.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Wish I could help but our slide locks are automatic! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

Ditto with Dreamer
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have them on our 2005 Cayman, but just on the front slides. From what I can tell, depending on what slide mechanics the slide has and the size of the slide, it is needed to hold the top of the slide out from tipping out when you go over a driveway approach too fast. One time I forgot to put them in and went a bit too fast and in the corning of my eye, it looked like the top tipped out

I would highly recommend using them!

I'm not sure if you're a talking about the same locks we have, but I've attached pictures on one of ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_124559619.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	238407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_124554953.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	238408  

Old 03-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a 1998 Imperial. Per my owners manual, here is the set-up sequence

SET-UP SEQUENCE
dump air
jacks down
slide out

TEAR-DOWN SEQUENCE
slide in
air up
jacks up
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #7

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The pictures are helpful, mine are very similar but not exactly the same. I tried to search for answers before I posted but was unable to find anything helpful. I have since discovered that the slide/ jacks sequence has literally been beaten to death here. It seems there are a large number of people on either side of the question but it is helpful to know what the manual for a unit very similar to mine says to do. I have a long slide, it includes living room and kitchen areas. I just want to do things correctly. Again I appreciate all of you trying to help.
dragracer48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler